Getting Hivelocity to provision is a nightmare

I placed an order with Hivelocity to find out two days later that they want some extra signed paperwork (paypal authorisation form + copy of id). They never disclosed any of this during the signup process or discussions with their sales staff which is making me hesitant to use a provider that pulls strange tricks like old managed.com.

Any way do you have any suggestions where I can get a rapid deploy of FreeBSD 7.0 that is not Layered Technologies, Sagonet, Managed.com or Hivelocity?

SoftLayer, you can do it yourself if you wanted to on the KVM that comes with every server

2 Hours for most hardware to be provisoned in, and not much longer for a new customer

Windows Server 2008 Web Edition (32bit) $0 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Web Edition (64bit) $0 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (32bit) $35 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (64bit) $35 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition (32bit) $45 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition (64bit) $45 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition (32bit) $50 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition (64bit) $50 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition with Active Directory (32bit) $150 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition with Active Directory (64bit) $150 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition with Active Directory (32bit) $250 $0
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition with Active Directory (64bit) $250 $0
    CentOS 4 (32 bit) $0 $0
    CentOS 4 (64 bit) $0 $0
    CentOS 5 (32 bit) $0 $0
    CentOS 5 (64 bit) $0 $0
    Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 Etch/Stable (32 bit) $0 $0
    Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 Etch/Stable (64 bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 7 (32bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 7 (64bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 8 (32bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 8 (64bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 9 (32bit) $0 $0
    Fedora Release 9 (64bit) $0 $0
    FreeBSD 6 Latest (32 bit) $0 $0
    FreeBSD 6 Latest (64 bit) $0 $0
    FreeBSD 7 Latest (32 bit) $0 $0
    FreeBSD 7 Latest (64 bit) $0 $0
    Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake (32 bit) $0 $0
    Ubuntu Linux 6.06.1 LTS Dapper Drake (64 bit) $0 $0
    Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron (32 bit) $0 $0
    Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron (64 bit) $0 $0
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux - 5 (32 bit) $0 $0
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux - 5 (64 bit) $0 $0
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux - ES 4 (32 bit) $0 $0
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux - ES 4 (64 bit) $0 $0
    Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 with R2 (32 bit) $0 $0
    Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 with R2 (64 bit) $0 $0
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 with R2 (32 bit) $25 $0
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 with R2 (64 bit) $25 $0

Thats a list of their supported OSes
    Damien

Depends on the stock of the provider, if they have all your parts in stock, they can probably deliver the same day. The thing is, you may still need to provide the paperwork wherever you go, since we ask for this too, as a method to prevent fraud, no hidden tricks .
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

That's a bit overreacting imho...

HVC is a great company, there is nothing wrong with giving them what they need, it'll secure both you and them.

They did disclose it, read your confirmation email one more time.

HVC is great, i been reselling for them for awhile now, and i am flying down ina few days to meet my Account Manager with them. They never give a hassle. I do not know why they would need a authorization for paypal, but i am sure they have their reasons.

I do know that they have always had things deployed over night, atleast for me, but i am sure they do it for others too. All of them at HVC are nice people, i suggest you give them the paperwork as IMO it is well worth it.
    VT BankCard
    Payment Processing Solutions and Merchant Services
    Specializing in WebHosting and High Risk Merchants.

This is quickly becoming a common practice to protect against fraud. This is a procedure we also implement (which you know since we are mentioned in the companies other than)
    If it was not brought up in the beginning, its probably due to the fact they have it posted on their website and has been a practice of theirs for a while.
    I have to admit, I know in this day and age that maybe not everyone has a scanner, or a fax machine to implement this task, but with online fraud running rampant, it is a necessity to protect all parties involved.

Read both the signup receipt and payment confirmation and neither of them mention the extra paper work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-Sean View Post
    This is quickly becoming a common practice to protect against fraud. This is a procedure we also implement (which you know since we are mentioned in the companies other than)
    If it was not brought up in the beginning, its probably due to the fact they have it posted on their website and has been a practice of theirs for a while.
    I have to admit, I know in this day and age that maybe not everyone has a scanner, or a fax machine to implement this task, but with online fraud running rampant, it is a necessity to protect all parties involved.
    As someone who maintains a paperless office environment, it becomes quite a mission to go and get something printed. Also with identity theft rampant one has to take precautions with who you provide personal information to.

VT BankCard

Quote Originally Posted by textdriver View Post
    As someone who maintains a paperless office environment, it becomes quite a mission to go and get something printed. Also with identity theft rampant one has to take precautions with who you provide personal information to.
    The only thing is, if the companies do not have this kind of info and you did a ChargeBack, the company has nothing to say that it was really you. Having the photo id and extra signiture helps to deter fraud. Most fraudsters will not bother to do the extra paperwork.
    VT BankCard

Quote Originally Posted by textdriver View Post
    I placed an order with Hivelocity to find out two days later that they want some extra signed paperwork (paypal authorisation form + copy of id). They never disclosed any of this during the signup process or discussions with their sales staff which is making me hesitant to use a provider that pulls strange tricks like old managed.com.

Any way do you have any suggestions where I can get a rapid deploy of FreeBSD 7.0 that is not Layered Technologies, Sagonet, Managed.com or Hivelocity?
    I am going to PM you now to discuss this. I want the same thing you do and that is your server online tonight. I am sorry for any miscommunication about our authorization policies. Some of the other posters were correct, this is to combat fraud. Please get back to me via PM, phone or email so we can get this worked out and your server online as quickly as possible.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Hmmm, it appears you dont have PM enabled yet due to your newness. You can email me directly at steve@hivelocity.net. As I said previously, I want your server online as quickly as possible as much as you do. I am sure we can figure something out. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support