minimum specs to host vbulletin and 10 smaller sites

I am looking into getting a vps, but I was wondering what should be the minimum specs If i was to run a vbulletin board along with some other smaller sites, maybe around 10-15.

VB will have around 30-45 users on at the same time, but could get up to 60-70 users every now and then...doesn't happen too often. Monthly bandwith gets up to around 15 GB usually.

The other 10 sites combined will most likely not exceed 10-20 users on at the same time. Monthly bandwith will probably not exceed 30 GB.

What should be the minimum guaranteed mhz and guaranteed ram to be able to host those sites without any problems?

Also whatever specs you guys recommend, could you also let me know if I can host more than 10 smaller sites that usually don't exceed more than 5 users on at the same time or would anything more than 10 slow other sites down?

Hi sani,

ServInt Essential VPS and PowerVPS Power-1 VPS should both suit your needs, and they're both fantastic companies Do some research here and give one of them a shot.

Hope that helps.

I have the lowest plan at Defender / PowerVPS
    Fedora Core 2
    Equal share CPU
    Directadmin
    Clientexec
    1GB Burst RAM
    256MB RAM guaranteed
    10GB Disk Space
    150GB Monthly Transfer
    2 IP numbers
    Power Panel
    Your own name servers
    Unlimited domains

I have a Invision board but about 10 other sites on the server. Its zippy and I dont see any problems with it. Just make sure you optimize apache / mysql and use a php cache (eaccelerator / mmcache / etc).

We hosted a 1500+ users IPB forum on a VPS with 128MB RAM @ JVDS and it worked fine...

1500 registered users but how many active users at peak times?

Good point, most of the users were in fact active, but at once we probably peaked around 150 users online tops.

thats pretty impressive considering that according to vbulletin techs a forum with 100 active users would require a dedicated server