Thread: .nu domain

.nu domain

Would it be great for seo? Let's say I have a fansite for Taylor Swift and I wanted to buy taylorswift.nu. How would my site ranking go by that?

Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

I just talked to a support staff of one domain name registrar, she said

I don’t think the domain name extension will have any effect on SEO'

If you just register a new .COM and .CO domains, and set up two identical websites, the crawl rate from spiders of Google, Yahoo, Bing or any other search engines should be the same.

Domain names are just indexes of a certain space with a certain IP (Name Server), the index itself has no values (to search engines); the only thing that search engines care is the site itself, the content, site structure, update rate and etc..
    Is this true?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think its true. As far as I know that .com domains rank much better than other domains in search engines.
      0 Not allowed!

They will rank *exactly the same*, but keep in mind most people are not computer literate and either won't recognize a .nu (unless they live there) as a domain or will try going to www.nu.yoursite or www.yoursite.nu.com or something
      0 Not allowed!

.nu domains are very popular in Sweden as nu=now For .nu domains it's important to set the targeted country in Google webmaster tools!
    Last edited by speederman; 04-23-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Swedish driving theory test Körkortsfrågor | UK official DSA driving Theory test
      0 Not allowed!

.nu domain extension is not good for seo. Most of the webmaster prefer to .com and it gets more advantages in serp result as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    .nu domain extension is not good for seo. Most of the webmaster prefer to .com and it gets more advantages in serp result as well.
    This is not true!
      0 Not allowed!

Domain extensions have no effect in seo.
      0 Not allowed!