Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheap Reseller Hosting - Recommendations?

Hi everyone. I have been looking for here on WHT for budget hosts for a few years now, have been with a couple of different companies and had mixed results with them. I am currently looking for some cheap reseller hosting. I am not looking to resell the hosting but simply host my own sites. I use very little resources and only require:

1Gb of space
    10Gb of bandwidth

I would like to pay $1-$3 per month but could stretch that to $5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.

I have been looking in the "offers" section for the past couple of days and reading / trying to find reviews of various companies.

Please recommend any budget / cheap reseller hosts that might fit my budget. If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).

PS: How do i check the uptime of web hosts that i am researching? And is such an uptime check really reliable?

Thank you guys i really appreciate any help you can provide.
    Thanks for hosting me

Quote Originally Posted by JasMate View Post
    $5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.
    Your best bet would be to do search for "bad reviews". Generally speaking, people are much quicker to post negative reviews about a company than they do positive reviews. So just because a company does not have any reviews on the internet should not be a reflection of their service. However if a company has a multiple negative reviews on the internet that are absent any kind of response from the company, that should tell you something.

Also, keep in mind there are many positive reviews on the net that are often times fake or posted by customers who are receiving some type of incentive for making that review, so try to take everything with a grain of salt.

If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).
    Its actually against forum rules (for your protection) for companies to solicit you their services on here (even if you are asking for it). Your best bet would be to contact any companies you might be interested in and see if they would be willing to develop some type of custom plan for you?

If anyone has already contacted you via PM, I would simply ignore and report them as they are more than likely an untrustworthy web host.

PS: How do i check the uptime of web hosts that i am researching? And is such an uptime check really reliable?
    You can ask if they have some type of public server monitoring statistics available? You can also ask for speed tests to see how fast the connection to the server is. However ultimatley, you wont really know until you actually host with the company. Hence, why it is always important you read the company TOS and make sure they have a Money Back Guarantee that is at least 30 days.

Best of luck!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

If there are any hosting providers reading this that can offer me a custom plan to meet my light usage needs please PM me (so as not to soil this thread).
    It's against the rule to pm offer in this forum.
    With your budget, you can get a shared hosting account with addon domains.
    Each domain will have its own folder but all domains share one control panel login.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Its actually against forum rules (for your protection) for companies to solicit you their services on here (even if you are asking for it). Your best bet would be to contact any companies you might be interested in and see if they would be willing to develop some type of custom plan for you?

If anyone has already contacted you via PM, I would simply ignore and report them as they are more than likely an untrustworthy web host.
    Ok thanks of the advice on looking for negative reviews. And thanks for the heads up about the pm system here. I didn't know about that and would like to say DON"T pm me with your offers. I have already contacted a couple of companies looking for a custom plan and will contact some more that i deem worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    It's against the rule to pm offer in this forum.
    With your budget, you can get a shared hosting account with addon domains.
    Each domain will have its own folder but all domains share one control panel login.
    Would a shared hosting account with add on domains work ok? I have never done that before. What are the negatives? Does it get confusing with different sites using their own mysql etc?
    Thanks for hosting me

Would a shared hosting account with add on domains work ok? I have never done that before. What are the negatives? Does it get confusing with different sites using their own mysql etc?
    It really depends, are your sites currently operational with another web host, or are these all going to be new websites? You might also want to check out the following thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1060445

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

It really depends, are your sites currently operational with another web host, or are these all going to be new websites? You might also want to check out the following thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1060445
    Thanks for the link, i guess after reading that thread the only issue i can see would be this:

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    It's a good idea and what I would recommend. Benefits include:

Resources. If you opt for a reseller account, CPU limits are generally placed per account, not per domain.
    I don't want to have my allocated resources spread out over my domains and thus limiting the loading speed of my sites...
    Thanks for hosting me

I don't want to have my allocated resources spread out over my domains and thus limiting the loading speed of my sites...
    Generally that is referring to the CPU/Memory usage, which if your accounts are low usage, I would not worry to much about. However if that is a concern for you, then I would recommend going with a reseller account, instead of going with a regular shared account.

Generally that is referring to the CPU/Memory usage, which if your accounts are low usage, I would not worry to much about. However if that is a concern for you, then I would recommend going with a reseller account, instead of going with a regular shared account.
    They should be low-ish usage but the problem is i have over 20 sites.
    Thanks for hosting me

They should be low-ish usage but the problem is i have over 20 sites.
    Ah ok, then it sounds to me like a reseller package would probably be a better fit for you.

web hosting for you

I know how hard it is finding a good hosting company. I am with FVS right now, a cheap web hosting company based in UK... you can try to ask for quotes and see if they can offer you the solution you needed. here is there website freevirtualservers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JamelaPeters View Post
    I know how hard it is finding a good hosting company. I am with FVS right now, a cheap web hosting company based in UK... you can try to ask for quotes and see if they can offer you the solution you needed. here is there website freevirtualservers.com
    Thank you for your advice and help, i just sent them a sales ticket... fingers crossed!
    Thanks for hosting me

Quote Originally Posted by JamelaPeters View Post
    Which domain do you have hosted with them?

Ah ok, then it sounds to me like a reseller package would probably be a better fit for you.
    Agreed.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Agreed.
    Good i guess my opening post is still relevent then
    I am still looking, and appreciating any company recommendations based on good uptime & positive reviews. It is not easy on my budget, i know the easy way would be to increase my budget but sadly this is not possible.
    Thanks for hosting me

I would like to pay $1-$3 per month but could stretch that to $5 but only for a very reputable / multiple positive review company.
    You aren't really going to find a very reputable host selling reseller plans for under $5 a month. The cost to run the servers/support/backups, etc has a value. At your price range you should be thankful if your sites load.

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    You aren't really going to find a very reputable host selling reseller plans for under $5 a month. The cost to run the servers/support/backups, etc has a value. At your price range you should be thankful if your sites load.
    I think even $5 is way too low for a reliable reseller hosting provider
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

As these are your personal sites I dont see any need for you to have a reseller account.

You can get a shared hosting account that will offer addon domains which will work just as good, Your only after 1GB disk space and 10GB bandwidth which is not much at all so you should be able to get that in your price range.

I wouldn't go down a reseller route with your budget, as I cant imagen the service would be any good that low.

Quote Originally Posted by TekHive View Post
    As these are your personal sites I dont see any need for you to have a reseller account.

You can get a shared hosting account that will offer addon domains which will work just as good, Your only after 1GB disk space and 10GB bandwidth which is not much at all so you should be able to get that in your price range.

I wouldn't go down a reseller route with your budget, as I cant imagen the service would be any good that low.
    Thanks for the advice, however from what people have said i think the allocation of resources per account being distributed among all the 20+ sites could possibly cause issues with loading times etc. If this is not true please enlighten me because i would love to go with straight up shared hosting if it means i can get in with a good host.
    Thanks for hosting me

Thanks for the advice, however from what people have said i think the allocation of resources per account being distributed among all the 20+ sites could possibly cause issues with loading times etc. If this is not true please enlighten me because i would love to go with straight up shared hosting if it means i can get in with a good host.
    There shouldn't be a difference. Your sites still load off the same shared server. As long as your resource usage is low you should be ok. 20+ sites is a lot for a single account though. So if I'm understanding correctly you want to host 20+ sites, but you don't want to pay more than 25 cents a month per site ($5) to be hosted. And you'll only pay that 25 cents if it's for a reputable hosting company? You should really rethink your budget or go with free hosting. I would try www.freewebhostingtalk.com. At your budget you really shouldn't expect any more than free hosting anyway.

Whatever host you go with make sure you always have current backups and expect to have downtime.
    Last edited by JaJae; 06-29-2011 at 10:27 PM.

There shouldn't be a difference. Your sites still load off the same shared server. As long as your resource usage is low you should be ok.
    Yeah well a few of them are wordpress based and use mysql so i think the resources would be on the higher side.

So if I'm understanding correctly you want to host 20+ sites, but you don't want to pay more than 25 cents a month per site ($5) to be hosted.
    That's right.

You should really rethink your budget or go with free hosting.
    It's simple economics, i can't re-think my budget because.. that is my budget, no more can be payed. As for the free hosting i don't think it would be better quality than payed.
    Thanks for hosting me

It would not necessarily cause loading problems, however it might lead to your account being suspended quicker for using to much CPU . Most providers have a limit to on the amount of CPU/Memory your website is allowed to use and is calculated on a per user basis. So if you have 20 addon domain names created under one username, you run a higher risk of reaching those limits. As opposed to a reseller account, where each domain name would have its own username (thus giving each domain name a little more breathing room).

Good i guess my opening post is still relevent then
    I am still looking, and appreciating any company recommendations based on good uptime & positive reviews. It is not easy on my budget, i know the easy way would be to increase my budget but sadly this is not possible.
    I think your best bet is going to be to just contact companies directly and see if they can develop some type of discounted plan for you? What you are asking for is not incredibly unreasonable (especially if you are willing to bump your budget up to around $5 per month), I just dont think you are going to find what you are looking for without specifically requesting some type of custom plan.

It would not necessarily cause loading problems, however it might lead to your account being suspended quicker for using to much CPU . Most providers have a limit to on the amount of CPU/Memory your website is allowed to use and is calculated on a per user basis. So if you have 20 addon domain names created under one username, you run a higher risk of reaching those limits. As opposed to a reseller account, where each domain name would have its own username (thus giving each domain name a little more breathing room).
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't want that either so yes i am definitely looking for a reseller account.

I think your best bet is going to be to just contact companies directly and see if they can develop some type of discounted plan for you? What you are asking for is not incredibly unreasonable (especially if you are willing to bump your budget up to around $5 per month), I just dont think you are going to find what you are looking for without specifically requesting some type of custom plan.
    I have just come across an interesting prospect.... anyone know about flipper host? they look good with some positive feedback and cheap pricing. I shot him a PM here at WHT and awaiting his reply.
    Thanks for hosting me

I have just come across an interesting prospect.... anyone know about flipper host? they look good with some positive feedback and cheap pricing. I shot him a PM here at WHT and awaiting his reply.
    Not to familiar with their services, although I did come across a complaint from one of their clients today on WHT which has yet to be addressed by anyone from FH http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1053148

I always recommend trying to look up negative reviews on any company you are prospecting, so you can see how the company handles issues when and if they arrive. Positive reviews are great, however sometimes they can be somewhat misleading. So its always good to get both sides of the story

Anyway, keep us posted!

As others have said there shouldn't be a difference, Your sites would still/most likely be on the same server. just a different package.

Just be sure to double check any new potential hosts TOS, its more then likely the cheaper the price the more restrictions you have on your account.

But hope you find the correct host for you and let us know how you get on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast