Hybrid View

Hostgator.com ........

hi all

i take a host from hostgator and i ask for transfer my old files and database from my old host to the new they move the files but there is problem with the database i post in the transfer ticket about the problem but without any answer and i talk with the online support 3 times and each time they told me shortly an admin will reply you and fix the problem but nothing happen and now from 2 days my website is down

i ask for cancel my account and fast someone answer my cancel ticket and tell me that if i want he will ask an admin to help me now and 2 months free if i stay with them

i reply the ticket if someone will fix it today i will stay and no need to cancel the order and now from 3 hours no answer in the cancel ticket

just want to know from the ppl who using hostgator is this normal or just for me

Note: tickets number

FGW-934397
    HBE-774655

Hostgator is a big company. You can't expect replies in 3 hours. All their tickets go in order. Im sure hostgator will help you out. If you want more help you can try to PM hostgator.com (Brent) here on WHT.

- Daniel

i am waitting from yestarday in the support ticket to solve the problem and when i open a cancel ticket they answer me in the same time my support ticket priority ( Critical ) from yestarday and no reply so why its Critical if they will take all this time

Mr Daniel how many customers and members you will lose if your website will close more than 2 days ??

Yeah I understand that. I will probably loose alot too. You can get on live chat and tell them to raise the priority of the ticket. That might help out.

- Daniel

it looks like a database error to me..
    it could be you didn't use the same database name/user and hence the connection problem.
    you might need to manual change that by yourself.since it is not covered in the 'transfer' for most host.

I would say this one is not the hostgator's problem.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

If you can wait - give them some time. Anyway you can call them to speedup pocess.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

nice sharing

Have you tried giving them a ring? Sometimes, problems get resolved easily on the phone.

Toll free: 1.866.96.GATOR
    Local: 1.713.574.5287

Like Daniel suggested, PM hostgator.com here. Whenever I had an issue, the owner, Brent helped resolve it with no hassles on my part.

Cris
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

Daniel

i talk with live support 3 times first 2 told me admin will help me shortly the 3d one told me i have to wait and he left the chat before i said anything

redkid

yes its database error the database in the old hots is 123 tables but in the new host 69 tables so i miss have the tables

ServerPoint

i call them and they keep me in hold more than 5 min and its international call so i close

Looks like you tried every possible way. The best thing for you to do now is just PM hostgator.com here and wait for his reply. He will solve the problem for you.

- Daniel

finally reply in the ticket but dont know what to say

they said that they are working to fix the problem and becouse my db is too big 1.6 gb it will take some time

but my db size is 135 mb lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails backup.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by meCOOL View Post

they said that they are working to fix the problem and becouse my db is too big 1.6 gb it will take some time

That is 135mb gzipped I imagine it's around that 1.6GB area uncompressed.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    That is 135mb gzipped I imagine it's around that 1.6GB area uncompressed.
    Correct, the database was 1.6Gb uncompressed and had over 13,000,000 records in one of the tables which is why it took so long to import. The client required a character set change as well.

I think Shashank was working on this for at least a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by meCOOL View Post

135mb is the zipped size not the actual size. As far as hostgators support I have been using them for the last 2 months while working on my web hosting site because I found a free hosting coupon. The one time I used there support I got a quick response but they will charge you $15 to restore your site from there weekly backups. I didnt think that was a fee that should be charged. Most hosts offer daily backups for free. As far as response time's they can very greatly. The amount of tickets submitted 1 day may be half as many as others, or one ticket requires more attention from a rep. I personally dont like host gator but for the price and the amount of space given it's a overall decent company.

Hope they transfer it soon,
    GorillaZ

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaZ View Post
    The one time I used there support I got a quick response but they will charge you $15 to restore your site from there weekly backups. I didnt think that was a fee that should be charged. Most hosts offer daily backups for free.
    Lots of hosts do daily backups, but not many allow you to get or restore from a backup without drive failure or something that requires them to restore the whole server.

Better reply to it they are probably uploading the wrong thing.

- Daniel

Your database can have been imported multiple times?

They have very good support, try and see if they can help you if your still having problems.

Does HostGator (or any host, for that matter) charge extra to move your site over to their servers or it all included? If it's included, that's a great feature.

Sure makes it easy to switch hosting providers once every year or two, if they decide to raise prices. Of course, if they're comparable to other hosting providers, why not just stay with them if they give good service?

Cheers,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dmehus View Post
    Does HostGator (or any host, for that matter) charge extra to move your site over to their servers or it all included? If it's included, that's a great feature.
    Yes, we (HostGator) offer a free of charge service to transfer our clients sites. Shared is allowed one site transfer, and Resellers are allowed up to 30 accounts to be transfered.

I think there are a couple of other hosts that support this service as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCollins View Post
    Yes, we (HostGator) offer a free of charge service to transfer our clients sites. Shared is allowed one site transfer, and Resellers are allowed up to 30 accounts to be transfered.

I think there are a couple of other hosts that support this service as well.
    Why dont you guys just suspend the account cause from what i see that big of database will cause reasonable amount of load ! Cause thats what i see the users future of site with hostgator, so why not save his and your time aswell ?

Have you considered about what that big of sql database be used for ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Have you considered about what that big of sql database be used for ?
    That is none of their business, their job is to transfer it and that is it. Once it is transferred, if it causes issues then they can suspend as they wish, and a big database means lots of data, that has nothing to do with load.