Thread: 2TB Bandwidth

2TB Bandwidth

Is there any good managed VPS host like powervps to offer 2TB or more bandwidth at 100Mbps connection at good price?

Probably many managed hosts will give you the bandwidth you want, but it may depend on your budget as to whether you can afford it. Do you have a budget?

From my experience the CPU and RAM resources required for 2TB of Bandwidth usage, in most cases, justifies the need for a dedicated server.

Something like an Atom might be worth looking at.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

I think it depends on the type of usage really, someone hosting downloadable files could easily push 2TB without using much other resources. With the size of servers these days, a slice of a 4/8 core, 24gb ram, 1gbit port, may probably come out cheaper than getting a tiny dedi, and would come with other benefits as well. Also I think it would be more likely to find a fully managed VPS than a fully managed atom or other small/old server without starting to get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    From my experience the CPU and RAM resources required for 2TB of Bandwidth usage, in most cases, justifies the need for a dedicated server.

Something like an Atom might be worth looking at.
    You don't need a dedicated server for 2TB banwidth usage. Bandwidth usage is not related with CPU and RAM resources. There can be applications which does not use much ram and cpu but they can use a lot of bandwidth. Think about running a file host or mirror service.

Quote Originally Posted by PingVPS View Post
    I think it depends on the type of usage really, someone hosting downloadable files could easily push 2TB without using much other resources. With the size of servers these days, a slice of a 4/8 core, 24gb ram, 1gbit port, may probably come out cheaper than getting a tiny dedi, and would come with other benefits as well. Also I think it would be more likely to find a fully managed VPS than a fully managed atom or other small/old server without starting to get expensive.

Its basically hosting for downloadable files.

If it comes with good RAM/CPU then its very nice for me.

Could you please name any good provider?
    Last edited by Mong; 05-04-2010 at 12:51 AM.

As others have said (and you haven't responded to thus far) what is your budget?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    As others have said (and you haven't responded to thus far) what is your budget?
    I would pay which would be the appropriate price. I will look into couple of hosts of equal reputation and then choose which offers for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    Is there any good managed VPS host like powervps to offer 2TB or more bandwidth at 100Mbps connection at good price?

If you think you need more bandwidth in the future, then go for dedicated server.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    I would pay which would be the appropriate price. I will look into couple of hosts of equal reputation and then choose which offers for less.
    That really depends on what you determine the appropriate price - vicious circle I suppose.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

what specs beside the bandwidth you are looking for ?
    a lot of hosts would do a custom offer if you ask them too (like adding more bandwidth to a cheaper vps for additional price), some even have custom vps builder on the website
    European Xen based VPS Hosting
    Linux VPS Hosting | 1Gb Uplink
    Wide range of distribution and turn-key applications available.

the dedicated server must be a good idea.

you can try santrex. they offer their vps on shared 100 mbit and you can get approx 3-4 tb in / out monthly. they cheap but unmanaged.

My specs are
    disk space around 20GB
    RAM 1GB
    OS - Linux

and adequate processing unit.

Quote Originally Posted by asimxss View Post
    It seem only Windows VPS are managed.

Why don't try the advertisement forum, you can pickup couple of providers and ask them about your particular requirements.

Just to make sure - go to advertisement forum and then into VPS hosting.