Unhappy Asking for help: a JUSTHOST employee canceled my account before my term was due

Hi,

My problem is common perhaps, and a backup could have solved my issue,
    but this tale i have to tell for the records of those who would assume that paying for a host does guarantee you against their mistakes...

Short story:
    I decided to transfer my site from JUSTHOST to a new host.
    a week before my subscription was due, i sent a ticket asking for help in the transfer, and IF THE REMAINING DAYS WERE ENOUGH.4 days went by with no answer, apparently i used the old justhost ticketing system (which surprisingly is still there but not in use!).and what do you know, on the 4th day, i receive an email stating that my account has been fully canceled!
    I ASKED NOT TO RENEW, BUT I DIDN'T ASK THEM TO CANCEL!
    i contacted them on the new ticketing system, they are trying to undo the canceling but are not willing to retreive my files since i was excluded from their daily backups.

But the question is, can't i ask them to retreive my site from their regular server's backups?

as for the long story,I feel too low to tell it now. But i will tell it upon request or when i have got my feet and site back up and running

Regards
    PLease backup your site now....

Stephanie

It is noted that most backup services are as of complimentary basis. Why was your website being excluded from their backups? Is it because you exceeded the size limit for a normal website?

how could you be excluded from their daily backups?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

Hello, and thank you for both replies and interest.

Yes, they allow backups for 50000 inode sites, while mine has 133984

but their server failed once and they restored everything from scratch, i can't believe why they can't correct the mistake of their employee!

Did they offer an explanation as to why they cancelled your account despite you requesting otherwise?

Would be interesting to see what the response, if any, was.
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

Did you make it clear in your discussion that you wanted to simply not renew and that you didn't want to cancel immediately? It would be best if you could copy & paste your message asking not to renew in here otherwise a lot of people will assume you worded the request poorly.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

If you told them that you were not interested in renew, the service would be canceled in the expiration date.

Why haven't you done any backup by yourself?
    WebTuga Hosting - Portuguese Shared, Virtual and Dedicated Web Hosting
    CloudFire WebHosting - European Low Cost Cloud WebHosting

This is really unfortunate, you should see about performing regular backups of your cpanel, as most hosting providers do not guarantee backups, unless they specially offer them as a service

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiru Technology View Post
    It is noted that most backup services are as of complimentary basis. Why was your website being excluded from their backups? Is it because you exceeded the size limit for a normal website?
    That is true, it is of a complimentary basis unless you're specifically paying for it. Otherwise you're right.

I
    ByteHouse UK Web Hosting

UK VPS Hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting | UK Managed Hosting | UK Online Backup

Quote Originally Posted by ByteHouse View Post
    That is true, it is of a complimentary basis unless you're specifically paying for it. Otherwise you're right.
    At least in the extent of JustHost's policy. And exceeding inode count means they have every rights to remove from the backup. Therefore, I think the person should clarify ahead on why his account was cancelled.

...and I was thinking of using them for reseller hosting. Whew, glad I didn't.

I wonder if the OP is going to come back and address some of the questions that have been posed in this thread...
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.