Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Archbob View Post
    VPS is much more expensive than usuall reseller hosting. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.
    A lot has changed since this post
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by starsearcher View Post
    Well, it depends on people.
    It always does. Servers don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCare360 View Post
    If you are expert to handle the technical issues then for for VPS otherwise Reseller hosting is always a good option
    I totally agree with you. I do not have enough time and knowledge to handle by myself VPS. So, I use re-seller host

Quote Originally Posted by w0nder1land View Post
    I totally agree with you. I do not have enough time and knowledge to handle by myself VPS. So, I use re-seller host
    Mind providing name(s) if possible? I've been through a pile of bad ones
    Problem arises ( in my case at least with VPS's) when customer requests cPanel or such for just pennies.

Re-Seller hosting obviously requires less expertise than a VPS, as the host will essentially do most of it for you.

Based in the UK, cyberhostpro are a reliable host for re-seller packages, although im not sure how they price up against others. Their support is excellent.

I would recommend that anyone starting out in web hosting should get a reseller account. As reseller accounts usually provide you with more free features compared to VPS. To answer most replies, starting out with a VPS is a bad idea because it can cost more to maintain with little benefit. Don't get me wrong VPS can be great if you use it to operate large shared hosting accounts that usually need more resource than normal other than that its just overkill.
    So my opinion is that reseller is the best way to go in re selling normal hosting package and only use VPS for accounts needing more resource than normal .
    Ps VPS will never replace reseller as VPS was never create for that purpose.
    Just my 2 cents on the matter.

I hate it when you use a new webhosting company and they pile so many people on one sever to make more money and your websites go slow.

VPS could be nice replacement for reseller plan, however you should know that with VPS you will probably have pretty tight inode limit, let's say 100k per entire VPS plan. So if you are in hosting reselling business or want to provide hosting plans for your clients, then how many clients can fit in 100k inode limit. Let's say newest Joomla version uses roughly 10k files, so you are lucky if you can provide hosting for 8-9 clients Meanwhile with reseller plan you don't get such limit.

Respect of VPS, Reseller Hosting have many ready features and easy to use.

I always recommend Reseller Hosting because of the following points.

1. It is cheaper.
    2. It has cPanel included
    3. It has many addons like Softaculus etc.

may be it's easier to start with Reseller then slowly move to VPS..

Reseller hosting, when you buy the package you know what your getting and a lot is done for you already, vps need extra for cpanel and then extra IPS ... Reseller you get whm+whmcs etc all in with the package. Saving you more money

I pay $5 a month for VPS hosting and get 1000 GB HDD, and Unlimited bandwidth.

Also 2 GB RAM. What else could you ask for? Way better than reseller.

1tb for 5 bucks a month? I highly doubt it buddy

I would choose VPS. VPS is excellent for just starting out in the hosting industry. They provide the best performance that you really need with a very low cost involved.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234