axwebhost.com – anyone care to share their experience??

In searching for a good asp.net web host I came across "axwebhost.com" in a couple of threads over here.
    It seems they are quite reliable, but I would like to know a bit more on them before going for their "Xtreme Basic" shared hosting plan.
    Can anyone share their experience with them?

BTW....I’m also looking at liquidsix.com ("Platinum" shared hosting plan) as an alternative.

Thanks in advance!
      0 Not allowed!

I have experience with them I can share. The main server with customer sites on it was down for pretty close to two days a few weeks ago. I put in a ticket with them about a problem two days ago and it has yet to be answered. The live support that *was* helpfull is now unmanned with this message right now.

"Sorry, no operators are available at the moment. Please try back later."

On top of that their data center ThePlanet had a compromised server running SSH brute force attacks on one of my servers yesterday and was blocked.
      0 Not allowed!

Try calling their toll-free number to see if anyone picks up.
    Toll-Free: 888 335-8418

Looking at Jim's experience above, that would be a sign to stay away from them. Continue your research on liquidsix.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by page-zone
    I put in a ticket with them about a problem two days ago and it has yet to be answered.
    If you can PM me with the issue you submitted in the ticket or post a little info about it here I can look into it immediately.

On top of that their data center ThePlanet had a compromised server running SSH brute force attacks on one of my servers yesterday and was blocked.
    The Planet houses 10's of thousands of servers. The unscrupulous actions of one server admin cannot be associated with axWebHost.

Thank you,
    Carl
      0 Not allowed!

Actually I'll just post it here. It was a question about a customer who was linking to an image in his account. When trying to view the image (hisdomain.com/image.jpg) instead of the image it would show an error page:

Error - "Found", click here to view.

A pretty strange error but perhaps some "helpfull" MS feature. Its on a windows server. Good to see someone still up and around at axwebhost, I was starting to wonder which brough me here searching for company status info. Normally the live help is sitting there waiting and when they weren't I started to get worried. Hoping the hardware mishap of a few weeks ago didn't do irreparable financial damage or something like that.

And yes, one compromised machine at ThePlanet doesn't have anything to do with you. But if you ask me they are a little "too" large for my liking. I prefer to be able to talk to the guy whos about to walk over and handle a server problem. Not submit a ticket to a huge buerocratic team of admins and techs. I had a server there once, and just cancelling it required a series of hoops to jump through and took about three tries.

I'm sure your servers are secure, which is why I outsource windows hosting & security to you. And the support has always been great except this last one.
      0 Not allowed!

page-zone,

I believe I found the ticket that you are referring to. In the ticket you make reference to a site and an IP address where the issue is occuring. Neither that site nor the IP address are with axwebhost.com.

The error is indeed an odd one...one I haven't seen before.

I am sending a PM with some other relevant information.

Thanks,
    Carl
      0 Not allowed!

Ha.. my bad. Nevermind, I'm the idiot. The site is on one of my servers. How I thought it was on one of axwebhosts servers is beyond me. I've been waiting for two days for something I should have looked up and found myself. And its a Linux server. Nevermind, move along everyone... nothing to be seen here.
      0 Not allowed!

Ha.. my bad. Nevermind, I'm the idiot. The site is on one of my servers. How I thought it was on one of axwebhosts servers is beyond me. I've been waiting for two days for something I should have looked up and found myself. And its a Linux server. Nevermind, move along everyone... nothing to be seen here.
    Hehe...it happens to the best of us.

Best of luck to you,
    Carl
      0 Not allowed!

And now that I realize its a Linux server I know what to look at. 99% change it is an .htaccess directive set up by the client causing the problem. BTW for anyone reading this the reason I chose Axwebhost was the fact that they do not oversell.
      0 Not allowed!

I signed up 2 months ago and it was fantastic! great support, service and packages and dealt with very unusual problems I had in my own solution for a website but they did a damn good job

past month however, no live support, no email replies - nothing and I am regretting from giving them 100% support from me currently on the hunt for a new web host (.NET & SQL Server) which has my requirements and going to cancel the account with axwebhost soon....
      0 Not allowed!