mySQL expert needed

Hello,

We are running two servers. Both run mysql

1 x db server, 1x db + httpd

We want to setup a slave config with the db server as the master server and the other as the slave. The second server also has its own set of dbs.

Since the DB server has large DBs, we want a good strategy to back them up on the slave server or any other idea you propose. We are looking for someone to do the most effective job without any downtime. Please reply with your thoughts, capabilities and quotes.

Thanks

Hi Allwin,

You are welcome to contact me if you're still looking for someone.

Out of interest, you mention that databases also run on the slave server. I presume you don't want these ones slaved?

Cheers
    Rob Greenwood
    RedHat Certified, Unix Consultant
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bilco105

Hi.
    Our team ( remsys.net ) may setup replication for you, with minimal downtime ( less than 1 min, while mysql restarts ) .
    As about backups, mysqlhotcopy could be a good solution for huge databases.
    Please contact me in PM if you are interested.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilco105 View Post
    Hi Allwin,

You are welcome to contact me if you're still looking for someone.

Out of interest, you mention that databases also run on the slave server. I presume you don't want these ones slaved?

Cheers
    My idea is to make sure that we are able to do backups of DBs without any corruption and if it entails setting up another slave for the slave server - do let me know. I am looking for ideas and implementability

what you are looking for is mysql slave replucation where Mysql MAster slave creates a log file and it records any database changes. The slave server is monitoring that log file with tis own log to see what it has done and hasnt done. But i am not sure if it can be setup to be select of databases. IT would probaly be easier for a 2nd server so you dont interfere with the other databases in the event of a crash
    VT BankCard
    Payment Processing Solutions and Merchant Services
    Specializing in WebHosting and High Risk Merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Allwin A View Post
    My idea is to make sure that we are able to do backups of DBs without any corruption and if it entails setting up another slave for the slave server - do let me know. I am looking for ideas and implementability
    If you're looking for infrastructure design/implementation for a MySQL solution, then please get in touch with me.

Thanks
    Rob Greenwood
    RedHat Certified, Unix Consultant
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bilco105