Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fishy9890 View Post
    My hosts do 30 minute server updates once a month.

Update and downtime warnings are always a good thing which your host has...but 30 minute updates a month? That does seem to be too much. Most updates, even major ones do not last 30 minutes....and most major updates only occur a few times a year...but no every month.

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Update and downtime warnings are always a good thing which your host has...but 30 minute updates a month? That does seem to be too much. Most updates, even major ones do not last 30 minutes....and most major updates only occur a few times a year...but no every month.
    Well they tend to replace the hard drives on the server as well to keep our loading speeds up. Which is part of the time. They claim they are used that heavy.
    Fast Reliable Web Hosting Dedicated to beginner users. DirectAdmin Shared Hosting. https://bhdmmwh2.us/
    Many plans and custom plans offered at fair prices.
    Proudly hosting customers since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy9890 View Post
    Well they tend to replace the hard drives on the server as well to keep our loading speeds up. Which is part of the time. They claim they are used that heavy.
    Interesting. Hopefully their not replacing drives every month. After some months those costs would catch up with them.

Well they claim it is what we paid for for our services. I mean we pay a pretty hefty price for our hosting at the provider. But then again I do not pay as much as others. I pre pay for 3 years a time. So I get the price cut by 75%.
    Fast Reliable Web Hosting Dedicated to beginner users. DirectAdmin Shared Hosting. https://bhdmmwh2.us/
    Many plans and custom plans offered at fair prices.
    Proudly hosting customers since 2012.

Has this happened recently in the past or is this a one time thing? If it's the first time then it is completely reasonable as long as it doesn't keep happening.

I would say around 5+ hours is not reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by cutallthebs View Post
    Has this happened recently in the past or is this a one time thing? If it's the first time then it is completely reasonable as long as it doesn't keep happening.
    Unfortunately, only time can tell.

@RobInRockCity, I say give your host another chance only if you think it's still worth taking chances. No email notifications would already be a red flag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BulwarkHost-Keith View Post
    Unfortunately, only time can tell.

@RobInRockCity, I say give your host another chance only if you think it's still worth taking chances. No email notifications would already be a red flag for me.
    I chewed their asses out, and they said they would notify me via e-mail next time.

Time will tell...

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12