Thumbs down RegFly 'doubled' their price???

Hello,

I thought I'm alone with this problem, but after I've looked closer to what's posted about RegisterFly, I've started to wonder... It looks like they really silently 'doubled' their pricing, charging credit cards few times for the same domain.

I've opened a ticket with their billing on July 21st (28 days ago) with the full statement what's purchased and what's charged and have yet receive an answer... Heck, even the credit card I've used isn't valid anymore (expired 07/05. How they plan to credit me? But that's their problem... ).

Have tried to write to support@registerflysupport.com, open 'feedback' ticket ('are there any news about ticket #8925782jshgfagfuye ?') - no luck.

But, what made me REALLY wonder is that it looks like I'm not alone in this 'double pricing' scheme...

What do you think about a practice like that?

And no, I don't need replies that 'transfer your domains elsewhere' or 'you should have checked this forum before'. I went with RegFly being well aware of the support level but absolutely sure I'll not need it in a foreseable future. You see, their control panel ABSOLUTELY ROCKS and I never ever have contacted registrar's support before (there was no need for this - all was smooth before, with GoDaddy and Dotster). Boy, was I wrong...

Thanks for any first-hand experiences...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Sorry to read what happened to you. But for complex issues like
    these, persistence is actually your only friend.

Billing issues are among the hardest ones for registrars to fix. It's
    not something that can be fixed with just a push of a button.

Keep at it with Regfly. Something will come up, I'm sure.

Having been with them for a long time they are straight shooters. Their pricing is better now then a few years ago so the "double" I do not understand. PM user regfly he should be able to help you
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    so the "double" I do not understand.
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough with this, perhaps. By 'double' I meant that for almost anything they're charging credit card two (sometimes more!) times.

Never had that issue. PM regfly he will help you out.
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by localpub
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough with this, perhaps. By 'double' I meant that for almost anything they're charging credit card two (sometimes more!) times.
    I am not a big RegisterFly fan... but I have to say that I never encountered this double billing problem.

I hope you can resolve it, localpub
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

I had read good things about RegisterFly over here but all is not well with them.

Iam located in India and each time I Regisered/Transferred a Domain i had to provide a different Credit Card # as an already used Card on their site was being declined. So finally i had 3 Cards and used all of them, so i sent a support ticket and they replied as which card i would like to use and i replied to them with the Card #, and thats it no reply till date. I opened another ticket and again the same

If you need any evidence here is it below

2005-08-10 2005-08-10 Rapid Response REOPENED
    2005-07-20 2005-08-10 Each Credit Card is only being accepted once REOPENED

Now can anyone tell me if this is called a Good Support

I really dont know whom iam supposed to send any further communication on this because even sending a email to their Risk Dept. was also of no use. Iam stuck as i will not be able to Renew my Domains, the only option would be to Transfer from there.

Ratna

I sold a domain to someone three months ago. The domain is in that persons RegFly account (mine is empty) but I have been getting a renewal notice EVERYDAY for two weeks now from RegFly. How annoying!

Originally posted by eSology
    I sold a domain to someone three months ago. The domain is in that persons RegFly account (mine is empty) but I have been getting a renewal notice EVERYDAY for two weeks now from RegFly. How annoying!
    I have been rapidly transferring my names away from RegFly....
    I was also a long time fan and at one time the only positive voice for them...not any more. I have transferred about 100 names from them at this point, some as long as 2 months ago, and I still get "your name will expire in 60 days or less" renewal notices. They are already at my new registrar for a long time now. I have tried the "refresh" feature under Reports but it is useless.

Good luck to all with RegFly

Only had limited experiance with them, but
    it's all been good.

net-vestor

Just to update everybody that this issue has been solved really quickly as I've contacted Paul (RegFly in these forums) via PM.

I have been double charged a couple of times by registerfly, and the issue was corrected when I submitted trouble tickets.

Hard to tell whether this was a problem in their billing system, or a strategy meant to make some more money on those cheap domains...