Thread: .net and .com

.net and .com

Hello ,
    I have 2 domains hosted on my account . www.sitename.com and www.sitename.net . I wish to have only one site (www.sitename.com ) which i will update and upload all pages , files . The other domain i only wish to point to the .com Meaning if someone tries to visit www.sitename.com/dir2/xyz.htm , it will only show / redirect to www.sitename.com/dir2/xyz.htm . How do i achive this ?
    is it by editing DNS records ? if so can someone explain in good detail .... I have to do it myself and i have the options available , just not sure hjow to .
    Thanks .

Hm you can use frame page. 1 hidden frame and other one pointed to www.sitename.com/dir2/xyz.htm

thank you . BUt that isn't the exact solution i was hoping . This is possible , rite ?

Do you have root access to the server? If yes, I think by editing httpd.conf file and add an ServerAlias might helps. I assume you are using linux server though
    <VirtualHost 123.456.789.123>
    DocumentRoot /home/sitename.com-username/public_html
    ServerName sitename.com
    ServerAlias www.sitename.com sitename.com sitename.net www.sitename.net
    ServerAdmin webmaster@sitename.com
    blah...
    </VirtualHost>
    Then make sure that the both domains are pointing to the same IP address in your DNS e.g. 123.456.789.123

I might be wrong but you can try it

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
    Choon
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

solved

thanks to those who replied . I have found out what to do . All i did was create a domain alias . I had created this much before , but i guess it took some time to give effect . Also I had to delete the Actual Domain entry which i had created first , and only keep the domain alias under the domain www.sitename.com .

You are using WHM/Cpanel? Or webmin?
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

hm you solved it Great work .