Diablo II Game Server

I am thinking about making a Diablo II Game Server and was wondering about a few things. I need to know how much of each of the following I need to run a Diablo II Game Server (PvPGN .com - Without space) with 1000+ users:

Space
    Bandwidth
    Ram
    Type Of Server (e.g Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz)
    Manage/Unmanaged

Thankyou,
    Luke

1000+ users ? :O, If they are running on the same server then you'll probley have to have a monster of a machine,

Maybe a duel processer server will do you, even then i think that might have some problems with 1000+ users on at, at the same time.

I don't mean at same time lol I mean registered. There will be about 50-200 at a time

diablo 2 gameserver?

diablo 2 is run by battle.net

you cannot run gameservers for it..
    all gameservers for it are illegal emulators..
    nobody will host those as they are (as i said) illegal..
    Quality Metered/Unmetered Servers in the Netherlands
    Offering custom solutions in an extreme quality network!
    Find out why we are a lifetime experience and contact us!

Quote Originally Posted by World Industries
    diablo 2 gameserver?

diablo 2 is run by battle.net

you cannot run gameservers for it..
    all gameservers for it are illegal emulators..
    nobody will host those as they are (as i said) illegal..
    What's an illegal emulator anyways? The battlenet code was never released, meaning that all the code is that of their own. The only modification of Blizzard software is done by the client when they apply registry patches to change the gateways.

Unless Blizzard pulled a RIAA act, they aren't gonna be suing their own users.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

its never the less still illegal.
    if someone came to me and said can you host this illegal game server for me im pretty sure you wont get in trouble
    id say NO
    i'd much rather keep my rep as a clean legal business and also not have to worry about getting sued and such.

not too many hosting businesses are in the field of illegal software hosting so your only real chance is to host this server on your own personal machine (not rented) and get a big fat internet cable going to your house to support 1,000+ clients