Cheap Server with Dual Drives

I was looking at the cheapest kimsufi, which is a 2GB atom with a 1TB drive. It's about $25/month US...but I really would prefer something with 2 drives.

This is really just storage for backups and a few smaller things, so anywhere in the world with reasonable connectivity is fine.

Anyone suggest an alternative?
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

With that price, that is super cheap already.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

The only 2 places you could find prices like that are 1. Kimsufi and 2. Hetzner.

Those are the only 2 places you could find prices like this... I've not really known of anywhere else doing prices like this before. If you do find others, do tell us about it.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

server4you, fdcservers are other places I've seen. Not endorsing, just passing on the info.
    raindog308

Although you said you're looking for 'cheap', what is your actual budget range? Are you looking for something under $50, $40, etc?
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

Actually, I wasn't considering a dedicated server, but 1TB of disk with 5TB of bandwidth would be handy :-) However, 1TB on a single drive that could fail at any time really isn't...I realize the provider would replace it, but not my data.

Anyway...just thinking about backup solutions and this caught my eye.
    raindog308

look at worldstream

sometimes they have 30Eur with 1tb HD

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    Actually, I wasn't considering a dedicated server, but 1TB of disk with 5TB of bandwidth would be handy :-) However, 1TB on a single drive that could fail at any time really isn't...I realize the provider would replace it, but not my data.

Anyway...just thinking about backup solutions and this caught my eye.
    Who cares? Its a backup server? Set up a script to monitor the drives health...

Yes RAID is nice, but considering you are looking for a low budgeted machine and its simply for backups, help your self maintain a lower monthly cost.

BUT what do you think realistically a second drive will cost you monthly? If you decided to add this to the existing machine?

Since its $25/month per machine why not buy 2 machines, 1 backup server which backs up to the other backup server if your that
    concerned. That would be just $50...

Thats just IMHO
    Last edited by Dustin B Cisneros; 04-07-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

You could probably get a dual core from leaseweb with 2x 1TB drives for 50 euros. s4y's 50 usd one also works too. You can also probably find a similar priced one from hetzner in their bargain bin section https://robot.your-server.de/order/market
    I have no sig to spam.

Why don't you check kimsufi special edtion.
    They have 2 disk 500GB about 27 euro