Site5 problems, alternatives?

I have gone through a large number of hosts now from $400 a month dedicated boxes to $5/month shared servers but due to my traffic goin way up and down over the years I haven't settled on one. I recently gave site5 a try since they were having (and still are) what appeared to be a too-good-to-be-true plan with 5TB bandwidth, 165GB storage, etc for only $5 a month. Now i knew at the time that i would probly be sacrificing the quality of bandwidth and everything with a plan like that but i figured whatever.

Anywho, I'm now only 2-3 days away from my 60 day money back guarantee and I'm thinking its time to pull the plug and switch to someone else. They have a live chat which i have yet to actually see online in the 60 days i've tried to use it and the ticket system has too long replies for even the simplest of questions. I also see my websites down in 5 minute bursts very often (an issue i'm still awaiting a ticket reply on).

So my questions is for recommendations. My goal is to still stay on a decently cheap shared plan to which I'll upgrade as necessary instead of trying to buy cheap bulk like I did with site5. I also don't have very many requirements other than bandwidth.

Heres what I need:
    - Cpanel
    - 10GB+ storage
    - 1TB+ bandwidth
    - Hosting for atleast 20 domains
    - Support for any perl/ajax/mod_rewrite type things i may nee

Other than that
    the specifications don't really matter. I've been reading thr forums trying to find an alternative but there are just so many companies now that I haven't been able to find any sort of consensus on one except for ones that seem rather fishily like self promotion. Ideas?

I think you need to go back to a dedicated server, then again, what budget do you have?

The problem is i was on a dedicated cause my sites got huge for a while but i was lazy and didn't update them so they died back down. I don't have the kind of budget i used to that can support a dedicated server. If need be i really can probly get away with 200GB+ a month as long as its easily upgradeable as needed.

I actually came to site5 from HostGator just because it was cheaper ($5/month as opposed to $15/month) however I definitely and thinking about going back to them unless another suggestion is made. The only problem I had with them is as it was a shared host they had restrictions on what types of sites they allowed (for example streaming / file hosting caused problems) which means i had to shut down 1-2 of my websites. I'm looking for a service that won't limit my company's websites that I am allowed to host.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaunchCreations View Post
    I'm looking for a service that won't limit my company's websites that I am allowed to host.
    For no restrictions dedicated server is the answer, you cant expect full server resources for $5 monthly. However you seem like serving static content only, try servage.net
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

When you go for cheaper plans like this, you need to remember that you will only get for what you pay.

You cannot expect a dedicated server for the price of a few $$. If you want more resources you will have to pay according to that.
    Even if you switch to a new host offering specs like this, nothing is goint to change.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.