Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    Progress report... I called PayPal about this issue, even though technically my dispute was closed. I calmly explained to them the situation, and asked them to highlight Asper's account for fraud. This will highlight any future disputes so all here who were harmed, please open a dispute as soon as possible. I got the refund.

They could not give others the refund on my word, you must open the dispute and call them yourselves. Cool, calm and collected wins the day. Also, truth and justice are on our side here.

I have always been a HUGE fan of PayPal and this shows my faith has not been misplaced Good luck.

Congrats Dave, I think I was the first one to let you know about that scamer and I did put the whmcs ticket number as well .
    █ █ All types of Graphics & Web Designing
    www.dezinerstudio.com

Yeah, this was not a fun experience. I know better. BUt greed got the better of me. It worked out good for me but I hope it does for the others as well. And mainly I hope the guy feels some pain. What an ***hole.

I even thought of putting out a false offer for a license and just playing with the people that appear. I figure I could easily tell if it was the same guy. And I would just lead him along and waste his time. But I actually prefer to to at least try to be somewhat productive
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

This had all the signs of a complete scam, he didn't want to use a middle man and go through the process the "right way", his technique was horrible and CapeDave is a sucker,(sorry I'm a sucker too, been scammed a couple times) many signs.

Glad everything worked out for you.
    Last edited by nicktaf; 08-01-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: missed a post

Yep, I take full responsibility for this mistake. Like a man. Normally I am much sharper. And "Logan Asper" is a scum sucking cockroach.

I hope all who were harmed are fixed by PayPal.
    CapeWP.com

@dave
    Glad to see you got your money back, hope everyone will as well. If not im wondering if there is a min amount required to contact US cyber crime. I know locally its a misdemeanor if its less than $500.00 and is handled in civil court not criminal court. I wonder if the same rules apply if its a cyber scam. It might be worth looking into just to make sure he does not do this to anyone else. Also if he is underage then his parents have to pay you back (i think).

@Shyuan
    In regards to your bank i would do so with caution, first if the funds are denied you may in fact get a bad rap with paypal. When i first started with paypal many moons ago i had a transaction fail and they ripped me a new one and also put a flag on my account, all for a very simple mistake. I have a great history with them since but i never want to go thru that again. They could cancel your account, flag it, or refuse to use that bank account any further and make you get a new account.
    IMO you would be better off doing as dave did, wait a few days and call them back, be calm and cool (some of those reps can get under your skin easily) stay focused on your goal and dont make it a personality battle between you and the rep. Just do as dave did and maybe they might reverse it for you.

I wish you luck.

The world is full of scumbags trying to take advantage of honest people, I see scams going on at every forum. I havnt and will never scam, it's only lasts so long. I make my money legitimately.
    Last edited by nicktaf; 08-01-2012 at 05:56 PM.

In the old says it was "Tin Men" that would sell aluminum siding or driveway coating. Not much changes
    CapeWP.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    Was just wondering how will you verify if it's a xenForo license?
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I just reached out to them to ask if they have a method in place and under what conditions and so on.
    We've had a response, and can now attempt to verify licenses by obtaining info from the seller and contacting them.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123