STAY AWAY - 1&1 Internet Inc.(1and1.com) You've been warned.

This has been a nightmare since signing up for a cloud server from 1&1 Internet Inc. on Dec. 30th 2011. I'll try and keep this a short story, although I've already wasted many hours on this.

12/30/2011 - Signed up for a cloud server, no contract, 90 days money back guarantee and 24 hour guaranteed setup.

1/3/2012 - Welcome email received from 1&1 Internet, this is 4 DAYS AFTER a 24 hour guaranteed server setup. Naturally we had sought services elsewhere as we needed to setup and test within 24 hours, not 4 days later. I emailed on 1/3/2012, requested immediate cancellation of any account. Was given a very unprofessional run around from several people on the phone. Was told I had to log into the control panel for an account we do not have to initiate a 'cancel'. I've emailed, called, sent someone a fax and logged into a control panel with a temp password to cancel.

1/3/2012 - 5/15/2012 - No refunds ever given and they refused to cancel the account. In fact the ONLY way I was able to stop the $80 monthly fees after 4 months was to report my MasterCard as stolen so 1&1 Internet would be unable to drain unauthorized funds from our account.

6/6/2012 - I get a call from NCO Financial representing 1&1 Internet for a collecting a debt.

6/6/2012 - I call 1&1 Internet AGAIN and this time I am told the account has been given to collections because there is a one year contract. NEVER WAS THERE ANY MENTION NOR HAVE I SIGNED ANYTHING REGARDING A ONE YEAR CONTRACT. If there was ANYTHING about a one year contract during sign up I would have NEVER signed up for service from them.

Filed a BBB Complaint today, although it looks like they have 860+ complaints already with the BBB, and 4 new complaints from customers just today! Do a search at bbb.org for '1 and 1' to see for yourself.

At this point our credit card company is trying to handle the disputes but the problem is 1&1 Internet is responding to our credit card disputes saying we are currently using their services AND the services were available to us as of 12/30/2011, which are both FAT LIES. I have emails, screen shots and proof of all of this.

It is important for me to say, I've never used ANY of their services. Never logged into nor configured nor even looked at any cloud servers, or hosting account or email or anything else they sell. I logged in ONE time with some temporary password to click a 'cancel account' button as instructed. That's it.

I will retain an attorney that specializes in handling consumer credit disputes such as this. I will fight to recoup any and all charges from 1&1 Internet and I am sorry I ever gave them my name, credit card information or potential business. In your search for a web hosting or cloud provider, steer clear of this FRAUDULENT company posing as an internet service provider.

This post will be cut/pasted to any web hosting forum that I can find and all links to these posts on different forums, facebook, twitter etc, will be emailed to 'complaints@1and1.com'.

Stay away from 1&1 Internet Inc, (1and1.com). You've been warned.

I fell for that years ago. But this forum is full of topics like this. Always do your reviews before picking a host.

Your story pretty much sounds like the others I heard about 1and1. In my opinion it is appalling how they tear their customers. Hopefully, the host that you found after 1and1 is good.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira