Hosting for seedbox company.

I need a to find a dedicated server which will give me root access to run around 10 small VPS within it, which will act as seedboxes, so preferably I would like one with an unmetered or high bandwidth 1Gb/ps port.

Here are some of the features I will need:
    2GB+ RAM
    250GB+ Hard drive
    Ability to have quite a few IP addresses: 10+

I don't really want to pay more than $500 a month but I will be willing to go more if the specs will allow me to host more seedboxes.

I'd appreciate any help or advice you could give me.

Nobody will give you a server for torrent seeding or other semi-legal purposes.

However, a company won't check what you're doing with the server unless they get a lot of abuse mails, they're selling you a service and bandwidth and you can do whatever you want with it.

You have to order a server with the bandwidth that you think would be enough, and install virtual machines on it yourself.

A server that would fit your needs would be something like this:

http://www.leaseweb.com/en/products/...tomize/35/151/

for 250 Euro, and you'd need to add 15 Euro for 4x1TB drives, optionally 30 Euro a month for 8GB of memory, 12 euro for 16 IP's.
    This is for 100mbps unmetered though, real 1gbps would be an extra 1000 euro a month, but you should do fine with only 250 euro extra for 250mbps.

If you're in France or certain countries, you could get something from OVH.com, which has the servers connected to their datacenter on 1gbps, and there are a lot of servers in their datacenter used as seedboxes so your customers won't complain.

You'll probably want something off-shore. Otherwise you're probably going to have some problems.

1Gbit Unmetered bandwidth will cost way more than 500$, If you consider 1Mbit at 5-10$, only 100 Mbit will cross your margin.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

I would highly suggest you get a company that is off-shore if you do not want to run into any issues. I can not think of any off the top of my head but there is a lot of them out there.

Wow, did I read that right, 1 gbit unmetered? Can't say I have heard of that too many times. Might be best to go offshore, however I would check with the dedi providers in the specials section.

Companies like OVH offer servers with 100mbps to Internet and 1gbps with the internal network.

People using servers in OVH for torrents probably do 80% of the transfers between servers in the network so from the datacenter's point of view they can give 100mbps unmetered cheaply.

The user buying a VPS on a seedbox system like the original poster wants to make will be happy that occasionally will get speeds over 100mbps and he'll keep paying.

Seems like 99% of seedbox companies operate out of OVH. As such, you'll get decent torrent speeds. I'm using one out of there right now and speeds are good, though I think my provider has upgraded the bandwidth quality on the server.

Otherwise, LeaseWeb and maybe KeyWeb might be good ones. If you want really cheap bandwidth in the US (probably not recommended due to the way seedboxes are) FDCServers is it.

Thanks for the help guys, I've narrowed it down to OVH and LeaseWeb now. Just a few quick about OVH though.

What is the difference between these two bandwidth packages apart from the price as they look identical. (Here's the page they're found: https://www.ovh.co.uk/products/hg_2009_bestof.xml)

Premium Bandwidth package: http://i44.tinypic.com/24mb2vp.png

Unmetered Bandwidth package: http://i43.tinypic.com/3310l7n.png

Finally, does this mean torrents will download to the server from peers at 2Gb/ps theoretically? Or will they only get 100Mb/ps?

Printscreen here (Highlighted): http://i42.tinypic.com/2i7ldon.png

Thanks.

premium is dedicated bandwidth, as in you'll reach more often 100mbps.
    The unmetered bandwidth (the cheaper one) is lower quality bandwidth and they have some weird rules by which if you go over certain amounts of bandwidth they'll limit the connections to IP's they don't have peering with to 10mbps or something like that.

no, not 2gbps. you'll get 1gbps transfer between your server and servers in the ovh network, 100mbps outside.

note that you can only order ovh server from certain countries, like France, Poland, UK and a few other.

Don't seedbox off LW. You will get booted fast.

I think ovh sell to specific countries only

That is correct.

Luckily I live in the UK so buying from OVH isn't a problem.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think OVH is probably my best option unless anyone knows anything better.

PM me when you get things set up. The seedbox market i scrowded but some stuff just isn't worth it. Seems like lots of people are using Kimsufi servers (my current host is) for what it's worth.

Have you thought about instead of going with one big server, you go with alot of little servers?

I would recommend a 1 gbps server from ovh but i would pay extra for the dedicated 100 MB so that your patrons don't complain too much. You can get 1 gb box for aound 140 gbp and 100 MB dedicated for approx 150 gbp + vat. The seedbox market is kind of flooded right now so don't spend too much till you have customers.

+1 for OVH

i would recommend you eCatel they are based is Netherlands so you should be alright with the torrents and stuff there also good thing they do 1Gps unmetered most of the seedbox company that have 1Gps unmetered are from eCatel

Last I heard ecatel was getting bad reviews left and right...