* How do I keep an archive of incoming and outgoing e-mails?

1. I have designed a website (domain.com) for my client

2. I'm networking 10 computers for his company (all computers connect through a windows server to the internet)

3. I do not host his website (domain.com)

He wants me now to monitor all incoming and outgoing e-mails to/from his company's domain (i.e. staff@domain.com), as it is in his company's policy (as agreed upon by his employees as well) that employees are not allowed to use domian.com for non-company emails.

I would like to know how I can help him with this request. Should I install an e-mail monitoring software on the server (which doesnt monitor emails sent through webmail), or what?

Thanks for your advice.

Simple, if everything is being done on a windows server, then all you have to do is actually just go get "Mail Enable" that program allows you to monitor all emails coming in and out of the server.

The server will actually download all the emails to itself via Mail Enable and then the clients will actually download it from the server itself. (Windows Server)

All mails will also be sent through the server which will in turn send the mail to their host and gets sent out to the receipient.

Should you have any other problems or questions like that, then just go to Google and then just do a search for "Mail Enable". They have a smaller version of it and it is FREE. It should be enough for your client (most probably).

Hope that answered your question.

Have a great day...
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I think he wants to save all inbound and outbound email for legal and business reasons.

Well it needs to be done at the SMTP level...

I belive you can save sent items with MS Exchange.

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    I think he wants to save all inbound and outbound email for legal and business reasons.

Well it needs to be done at the SMTP level...

I belive you can save sent items with MS Exchange.
    Excuse me, SpiritAu...

Have you actually tried Mail Enable before? Well, if you have not, then perhaps you should try it before saying that I'm wrong. If you have, then perhaps you should check out the functions that comes with it.

As far as I know he's able to do that and he could even do more than that with Mail Enable.

But having to learn Mail Enable from scratch and now using it for 2 years already, I think I know quite a bit about that software. I'm not saying that I know everything but I know at least a little about how it functions and etc.

Thank you!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Welltodo Century

We've been using MailEnable for 2 and a half years and it's not possiable to save a copy of all outgoing email.

Mdaemon can do this, you can setup a specific e-mail account that every mail going through the server is copied to.

http://www.mdaemon.com/

Originally posted by Wullie
    Mdaemon can do this, you can setup a specific e-mail account that every mail going through the server is copied to.

http://www.mdaemon.com/
    That's exactly what I mean for MailEnable as well. But somehow someone is trying to tell me it can't be done.

I have a client doing it in his office, which I setup for and someone is trying to tell me I'm dreaming.

SpiritAu, please do read your user manual and if you still wanna argue with me, please do email the people at MailEnable and then start argueing. If you did not email the people asking if this could be done or not, then please do not try to tell me that it could not be done.

Either you're being stubborn or you never have used MailEnable before. Please don't let me prove you wrong! It's rather embaressing!
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Calm down there aodat2, no one's attacking you here yes, MailEnable will work.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Thanks for the advice, I will give Mail Enable a shot.

Sorry for causing any trouble.

I tried MailEnable, but I think that will only work if I'm hosting my website/email on my own right?

My client's website and emails are hosted by another company, so how can this be done?

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    We've been using MailEnable for 2 and a half years and it's not possiable to save a copy of all outgoing email.
    You should read up on the features of Main Enable mate, it's possible to make a copy of all outgoing emails.