* Codero.com, Pre-Paid, BSOD, Stucked!

I am with Codero.com for over 18 months, generally satisfied with support. However, I ordered a new box and I am *&^% ever since.

I ordered an E3 1240 high end server and pre paid a year (regretfully). When server got online I felt it is not stable, server access get slow and fast randomly and there are BSOD (blue screen of death). I contacted support, told them I am not satisfied with hardware and that instead of any investigations and attempts to fix the box I rightfully want a new fresh box. I did not pay $2100+ for a box that needs troubleshooting from day one. Am I wrong?

Now its several days I am struggling for a replacement box. Codero.com sales guy Shawn B is good in sales but not helpful in after sales. I contacted him he says only support can help me and that he cannot get me a replacement box right away.

I don't know what I will end up in! Am I wrong in requesting fresh server? Do I deserve a beaten up box from day one? HELP!

If they can't replace it, ask for a refund?

You have the right to have a working server especially if you pay yearly.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

They should replace it and if it still does not work, you should get a refund. When paying that much for service you should be able to have things like that fixed immediately.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

It's commodity hardware, let them fix it.

Codero.com does not listen to me. I just got following response from support. You can see clearly that instead of giving me new hardware they want me remove software I am using for over 10 years.

------
    Following an evaluation of your server the hardware is solid. I found no issues.

I highly recommend removal of most third party applications, specifically F-PROT anti-virus and HD Tune Pro. Microsoft offers an effective and lightweight antivirus program for free. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download

I have ended up with cancellation and refund request. I don't know why big companies like to lose sale instead of listening to customer.

Well, it wouldn't really have hurt you to remove the two apps and try it for a while to see if the issue indeed repeated, or not.

Stripping a server to bare metal when troubleshooting issues that apparently do not make any sense is common practice in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Well, it wouldn't really have hurt you to remove the two apps and try it for a while to see if the issue indeed repeated, or not.

Stripping a server to bare metal when troubleshooting issues that apparently do not make any sense is common practice in the industry.
    Why do I have to pay $2100+ for something that requires troubleshooting?

Hey man I understand your frustration. It could have been the apps. It would have taken some time from support to build a new server for you that may run into the same issue if it was the apps having the problem. They just wanted to try to save everyone time, including you.

If it blue screened as a fresh box with nothing configured by you then I think going for a new box would had been a smart solution.

In the end you are the customer and 2k is a lot of money for Codero to lose out on by not making sure your happy. Thus is the world of hosting!
    Dedicated Server Hosting Database Dedicated Server Hosting HQ can help you find the right provider. Easy to use search to find a provider in every country at the prices you need.

Quote Originally Posted by noxstreak View Post
    Hey man I understand your frustration. It could have been the apps. It would have taken some time from support to build a new server for you that may run into the same issue if it was the apps having the problem. They just wanted to try to save everyone time, including you.
    On fresh box I installed on FProt AV and WinRar. I use these since last 10 years, never saw BDOS. Last time BSOD happened several years ago when Micorosft introduced DEP settings. I am an advance user, I was not insisting new hardware mindlessly.

On one particular server we were getting frequent BSOD, ended up removing the Anti-Virus as it was the only third party software installed on the server.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

I've had problems with F-prot antivirus in the past. Did you happen to check the crash dump? I bet Cordero did. Did you try their recommendations or just insist it must be the hardware?

Codero-At your service

@lifewithcause: We are glad that you are a long time happy Codero customer. As you said, our support team is always at your service, and will do whatever we can do to help. We are sorry about this mis-communication issue here. However, per your request, the new server is ready for you try. There are several tickets ready for you to respond to if you could kindly please.

As you well know, we have to troubleshoot, before we just swap out hardware. The issue could be the app, etc. The troubleshooting requests from the Codero team were identical to what you saw from other forum members on this thread: @Wintereise and @noxstreak.

Your original hardware was also brand new. We have tested the original hardware, with the applications uninstalled, and were not able to replicate the issues. Hopefully, the new hardware will solve the issue. If it does not, lets please work together figure out what the issues are. You can always escalate to a manager if you are not getting the attention or response you need.

Thank you again for your business, and for all the great replies from the forum members.

We are always at Your Service.

Codero Hosting

Thanks Codero for following up here. Yes, I did get new server today and it looks super stable up until now. The reason for this long thread and my many tickets and chats to Codero has only been that I wanted my hardware replaced. I still very much would suggest you to please consider customer's such requests because I think not many would like their mission critical server be on BSOD from day one.

Now coming to new server question, only difference I can think is that previous had Windows 2008 SP1 installed while on this I asked to installed Windows 2008 Standard R2. That may be related to what I faced so far. As far I read on Google R2 is preferred over SP1.

At end, let me say that reason for this thread is not to accuse or deface a generally good company. I been satisfied with support and hardware and that is why I ordered new server and prepaid for a year. I am continuing with my order leaving behind the incident that left bad taste in mouth.

Thanks to fellow WHTers for their insight so far.

P.S can you let me know escalation procedure?

Windows Server 2008 and 2008R2 are the server versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 respectively and there are a fair number of changes under the hood. Antivirus software often interacts at a very low level with the OS and asking for it to be removed to see if the problem goes away is not unreasonable.

Glad things are better

@lifewithcause: Glad things are better. Will send you information in the ticket etc on how to escalate.

At your Service.

Codero Hosting

From a service provider perspective, I would always give customers a new box upon request. Even in those cases where I firmly believed that the issue was the customer's software, the new box gave us the opportunity to dispel any suggestion that the box was faulty and gave the customer a second chance at configuring their software (in case that was the issue )