New Skin for Plesk 12

Parallels Plesk team has always strived to keep Plesk visually modern and pleasant for users, so we have created a new additional skin for Plesk 12. We would love to hear your opinion on this skin, as we’re evaluating it as a possible replacement for current default Plesk skin.

Please go to this page and participate in our survey.

We would really love to hear from you on this topic. Thank you for taking your time to read this and hopefully participate in the survey!

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    Parallels Plesk team has always strived to keep Plesk visually modern and pleasant for users, so we have created a new additional skin for Plesk 12. We would love to hear your opinion on this skin, as we’re evaluating it as a possible replacement for current default Plesk skin.

Please go to this page and participate in our survey.

We would really love to hear from you on this topic. Thank you for taking your time to read this and hopefully participate in the survey!
    It looks nice, but I'd be worried about yet another big UI change with Parallels Plesk. The end users of Parallesl Plesk (i.e. our customers) generally don't like big changes as they have to re-learn the control panel and they just want to get their work done.

From memory, Plesk 8->9 was a complete UI change. Plesk 9->10 was a complete UI change. Plesk 10->11 was a smaller change, but still markedly different. I thought that we were finally seeing some stability with the lack of changes from Plesk 11->12, but now you're looking at yet another new look?

Whilst cPanel might be appallingly ugly, at least it is consistent across releases with any changes being smaller, incremental ones.
    Ethical, carbon neutral hosting and servers from Freethought
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: Unit 5, Oak House, Witham Park, Waterside South, Lincoln, LN5 7FB. VAT number GB 345 5122 18.

I really like it a lot but don't make it default

It looks nice from this end.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Good feedback.

I like this theme a lot, thank you!

Looks like a good alternative!

I do love the new skin, looks good!

I like it. I think it has a Windows Server 2012 or Office 2013 look to it and looks "current" as far as panel UI's go.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

looks nice well done Plesk .

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
    Whilst cPanel might be appallingly ugly, at least it is consistent across releases with any changes being smaller, incremental ones.
    Have you seen Paper Lantern design of cPanel? It seems quite a big change and I was much impressed. Though I have seen negative opinions as well

It still looks like cpanel though with its all slam right in your face layout.

I guess a lot of people love that

not that I ever enjoyed things like HELM that nested in menus far too much, but there is a good balance between just all direct there and nesting. Plesk has stuck a much better tone on this since plesk 10.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    I really like it a lot but don't make it default
    Why do you think so?

It looks nice, but I'd be worried about yet another big UI change with Parallels Plesk. The end users of Parallesl Plesk (i.e. our customers) generally don't like big changes as they have to re-learn the control panel and they just want to get their work done.

From memory, Plesk 8->9 was a complete UI change. Plesk 9->10 was a complete UI change. Plesk 10->11 was a smaller change, but still markedly different. I thought that we were finally seeing some stability with the lack of changes from Plesk 11->12, but now you're looking at yet another new look?

8->9 was a change but the navigation and general layout was similar. It wasn't a steep learning curve to get reaquainted. Plesk 9->10 was the massive change - might as well have changed to a different control panel altogether. 10->11 was same as 8->9 with similar layout and navigation. The massive change to the new layout cost us a lot of clients and a lot of frustration.

This new skin isn't that good. Prefer the default Plesk 12 skin. Plesk needs to streamline in general. No need for the General tab. Just load on Websites & Domains and even that tab has horrible navigation with all subdomains and add-on domains listed. People want to get to their domain control in the least amount of clicks.

Plesk 9 was by far the best Plesk in terms of layout and navigation.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Quote Originally Posted by NexDog View Post

Plesk 9 was by far the best Plesk in terms of layout and navigation.
    While I really disliked navigation (and features) of plesk 9.

Igor,
    Mostly to be consistent. Every time such a change happens we end up spending as much or more time telling clients where to find X as it would actually take to do it ourselves,so we end up doing it ourselves. Things have finally stabilized to the point plesk is working well, allow the skin for an option but keep the same style that customers have accepted and know.

Kind of like Windows 8, it has great stability and very fast, but so many people are used to the 'start button' and start menu that they just can't get used to the keyboard keys that have worked for almost a decade to do tasks better and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyL View Post
    Have you seen Paper Lantern design of cPanel? It seems quite a big change and I was much impressed. Though I have seen negative opinions as well
    Yeah, they're slapping a bit of new paint on with Paper Lantern and it looks quite nice so far. It's definitely an improvement.

I'm hoping that as it diverges from X3 they're going to slowly start to move away from the "everything on one page" layout.
    Ethical, carbon neutral hosting and servers from Freethought
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: Unit 5, Oak House, Witham Park, Waterside South, Lincoln, LN5 7FB. VAT number GB 345 5122 18.

Yeah, they're slapping a bit of new paint on with Paper Lantern and it looks quite nice so far. It's definitely an improvement.

I'm hoping that as it diverges from X3 they're going to slowly start to move away from the "everything on one page" layout.
    That's the plan. So much of changes we've done with Paper Lantern set the stage to be able to nimbly change up the UI in future releases. I wish we could have delivered a revolutionary new user interface in one release, but that wasn't feasible.

Instead we opted for a very early release and then an iterative approach so that people could see Paper Lantern coming from a mile away. This method gets us the feedback we need very early in the process and that feedback is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    I like it. I've always liked the design of Plesk (since Plesk 8 at least, which was when we started using Plesk and cPanel). I don't think I will buy another Plesk license ever again though, since the support is useless, but I'm very happy to see that Parallels understands the importance of using professional designers.

We're only installing cPanel on new servers, but I'm not fond of Paper Lantern at all (not the old cPanel UI either for that sake). Even if it's a starting point, I don't think the end result will be any good considering how little it has improved since it was first presented.