ATT buying BellSouth

get ready for price increases. this was the last of the rboc holdouts. looks like its shaping up to have 3 or 4 main carriers in the us that make up most of the traffic and then a handful of smaller guys regionally located. we just got hit with a 600% increase in t1 point to point price increase in atlanta by bellsouth. nice guys. the fcc thinks the market is competitve enough. what are they thinking? 600%?? thanks fcc and republicans that appointed these idiots.

I think there will now be a war heating up between us backbone carriers and other continental prividers and they each go fuirther into each others spaces to roll price decreases on backbone bandwidth. funny thing will be getting mci for cheaper in europe than you can get in the states and vice versa with companies like telia and dt etc.

the other fallout of this is that as these carriers mindlessly jack local transport prices thinking they can now - you will see an even stronger movement towards colocation of critical and high bandwidht applications than ever before .
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

ATT just bought SBC too. They're taking over the world!!!

It's depressing, I know.

I got SBC ADSL 2.4 mbps exactly for $17/mo.

When I lived in GA, I also had bellsouth, whose customer service is worst. Plus their prices have always been ridiculous.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico
    ATT just bought SBC too. They're taking over the world!!!
    SBC bought AT&T. They liked the AT&T name better though so they are changing their brand to that,

SBC was once a subdivision on ATT, now they bought ATT Prices won't go up, Comcast is big competitor.
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL