Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Godaddy vs Hostgator

which hosting would be your choice if you have to select between hostgator or godaddy ???
      0 Not allowed!

I myself chose godaddy only for domain registration, cause as I know their main business is as a domain registrar.
    And for web hosting, I chose HostGator. And I did sign up for a reseller account with them.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.
      0 Not allowed!

but i think godaddy has a better package plan....n many popular websites are hosted on godaddy.

i dont like hostgator as they have restrictions n conditionz on their hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

It's all your choice to choose which host provider
    There are many reviews about them here. Just do a quick search here on WHT and see what other customers have said for both godaddy and hostgator, so you can decide the best.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sherry292 View Post
    but i think godaddy has a better package plan....n many popular websites are hosted on godaddy.

i dont like hostgator as they have restrictions n conditionz on their hosting.
    You would find the same restrictions on GoDaddy, and if you search for feedback they have pretty much all negative reviews for web hosting side of things. The major difference between them is that GoDaddy has their own control panel, and Hostgator uses cPanel for their shared hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

The major difference between them is that GoDaddy has their own control panel, and Hostgator uses cPanel for their shared hosting.
    Yeah, cPanel is the main reason to choose host providers
    It is the most hosting control panel commonly used in the web hosting industry today.
    It is easier for you to hop away from your host provider to another web host using cPanel, because there are so many web hosts using cPanel.
    If there is a problem, you can simply “Google” about it or ask here on WHT and you will most certainly find the solution to your cPanel issue from somebody who has come across the same problem.
    You will exclusively depend on your host provider, if they use their own hosting control panel that is not commonly used by other host providers. And when you want to switch hosting provider, there will be a lot of adjustments.
      0 Not allowed!

One is primarily a web host and the other is a domain registrar.

If I were choosing a new web host, I'd go with hostgator.com
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?
      0 Not allowed!

Hostgator hands down.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

I would choose hostgator and only use godaddy for domain registrations
    Learning...
      0 Not allowed!

HostGator is well established in the hosting business while GoDaddy is well established in the domain business. I would pick HG.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA
      0 Not allowed!

I am using GoDaddy since years and i would definitely choose it over any other hosting..
      0 Not allowed!

GoDaddy "attempting" to Host websites is such a joke. HostGator is a much better company.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TBradley View Post
    GoDaddy "attempting" to Host websites is such a joke. HostGator is a much better company.
    I agree with you. From those 2 companies only hostgator have a lot of good and positive reviews.
      0 Not allowed!

but as far as i know hostgator does not allow warez. while i have seen many popular warez website being hosted on godaddy.

can anyone explain why is that so ?

just because of this i find godaddy the best.
      0 Not allowed!

From reviews I have read about Godaddy, many complain that their servers are slow to the point of being not usable for ubercard/drupal.

Uploading is also a pain as there is only 1 FTB connection.

On the positive side, their sidebuilder is good and easy to use.

In other words, if you are an advanced web owner look elsewhere. In this case, I would prefer HostGator.
    Web Host Reviews Like No Others... CheckWebHosting
    Reviews of over 1700 Web Host.
      0 Not allowed!

What about overselling ? I have read at several places here at WHT that if the hosting provider is promising unlimited space and/or unlimited bandwidth that means he is overselling , and I think you should avoid these services.
    At HostGator they have three plans in WebHosting category and all include unlimited space and unlimited Bandwidth.

I am a little confused here.
      0 Not allowed!

When it comes to hosting, there's a night and day difference between Hostgator and Godaddy. For me, Godaddy's been about 4-5 times slower when running applications (wordpress, joomla, phpbb).

Uptime wise, Goaddy isn't bad, though HG still has the edge there too.
      0 Not allowed!

If a site on GoDaddy is selling warez, they are in violation of GoDaddy's ToS: "Is illegal, or promotes or encourages illegal activity" (copyright violation) and "Infringes on the intellectual property rights of another User or any other person or entity."

I used to host my sites with GoDaddy, and switched to HostGator because their service is superior and their dedicated servers are a far better value.
      0 Not allowed!

HostGator is superior to Godaddy hosting wise.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
    HostGator anytime anyday.
    +1

Godaddy is a joke. Hostgator is good for people who need a reliable hosting service.
      0 Not allowed!

HostGator for hosting, GoDaddy for domain registration

Sherry: HostGator has an excellent reputation here on WHT. Amazing, for such a huge company. GoDaddy is fine for Domain registrations. I have some of my domains registered with GoDaddy. GoDaddy does not have a good reputation here, with regard to web hosting and I believe if you do some searches here on WHT, you will find threads about GoDaddy web hosting. Navigating their web site and getting support from GoDaddy might be a problem for you. HostGator has an excellent reputation for support, which I think is amazing. I would suggest you go with a host that has the cPanel Control Panel. GL with your choice!
      0 Not allowed!

but as far as i know hostgator does not allow warez. while i have seen many popular warez website being hosted on godaddy.

can anyone explain why is that so ?

just because of this i find godaddy the best.

So you think someone that doesn't have and enforce a strict anti-warez company is better? Go figure...
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

well thank you so much guyz for your suggestion...they really helped me alot...

Actually i was just confuse, as frankly telling i want a type of hosting so that i can upload warez n rapidleech etc. I have seen popular warez websites being hosted on godaddy, so was in its favour. Those sites are serving millions of users & they work just so excellent. So that was the reason why i was preffering Godaddy.

i knw anytime anyday Hostgator is the best from all but it doesnot meet my requirements as they strictly forbid warez etc. ):
      0 Not allowed!

well thank you so much guyz for your suggestion...they really helped me alot...

Actually i was just confuse, as frankly telling i want a type of hosting so that i can upload warez n rapidleech etc. I have seen popular warez websites being hosted on godaddy, so was in its favour. Those sites are serving millions of users & they work just so excellent. So that was the reason why i was preffering Godaddy.

i knw anytime anyday Hostgator is the best from all but it doesnot meet my requirements as they strictly forbid warez etc. ):
    So because HostGator don't support stealing, they are somehow worse?? Yea right. HG is a million time better than GoDaddy any day of the week. Anyone who needs to resort to skanky TV commercials to promote web hosting is a loser.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast