Is there a NEW web host plan called 'Reseller Plan/Account' web hosts have created?

Hello. I have a question. I am NOW seeing more and more web hosts that have a plan or category named "Reseller Plan or Reseller Account". Is this something new now? When I was observing web hosts websites several months ago, I do not remember seeing this term used. All I remember is shared or dedicated server options with a few others. Is this a new plan or category type? I am seeing it 'fit' in between (in terms of price and functional services) between a shared server and a business and/or dedicated server plans.

Your thoughts?

Please reply.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by montecarlo1987 View Post
    Hello. I have a question. I am NOW seeing more and more web hosts that have a plan or category named "Reseller Plan or Reseller Account". Is this something new now? When I was observing web hosts websites several months ago, I do not remember seeing this term used. All I remember is shared or dedicated server options with a few others. Is this a new plan or category type? I am seeing it 'fit' in between (in terms of price and functional services) between a shared server and a business and/or dedicated server plans.

Your thoughts?

Please reply.

Thank you!
    Nope it's been around forever.
    Tula Networking
    Quality Affordable Shared web hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain names since 2001
    Parallels Pro Control Panel
    24/7 Support | Personal Service

Reseller plans are for people who want to sell web hosting, however doesn't want to have their own servers and manage their own stuff, they "re-sell" someone else's web hosting.

Its probably just a result of more hosts offering reseller services. The term has been around since I can remember(which dates back about 10 years).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

It's been around a long time. It allows people to start thier own web hosting business without too much upfront cost and know how.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

The term has been around for a while now. Search the forum for Reseller Account Information's

As the above will just be the same basicly an account with a set amount of resources it can use to sell other accounts. Really helpful for web designers because we can just post up sites on seperate accounts to say a main site using alot of bandwidth.