Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    They were fabulous.

Myriad was a decent host at one time, right???
    They were an amazing host until this happened. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff with tickets (even the ones I flagged as non urgent) being answered within 20mins whenever I had to contact them. They were also really patient especially with some of my stupid questions back then (I'm ever so slightly smarter now with Linux) not to mention really nice links to the interwebs when I tried from multiple countries.

annunciate Guest
    Yeah, I thought so, too. When we did have problems, they were responsive and nice. I raved about them. Sigh.

annunciate Guest
    This screams class action lawsuit.

No, it doesn't. They sold their company, that is all. Not lawsuitworthy.

What exactly is illegal about any of what happened?
    Do they have an SLA? If they are not giving it to you then yes, you can go after them.
    Are they promising you anything that they are not giving you?
    But if they are giving you downtime and if they are meeting all of their TOS then you really do not have much of a case.
    Now... if they are making up support answers to get people off of their back and to not pay out on SLA... THEN you have a case.
    If a company is having problems... once they lie... then you can go after them.
    For instance if they are down because of migration problems (which looks like they are) but they are saying it's hardware issues (so they do not have to pay out on the SLA), then you can all take them to the cleaners.
    Consult a lawyer.... he will explain it to you more.

I believe that this part of their SLA would be useful if you want to chase them:
    Myriad Network will provide 100% continuous availability to all hosting customers who have purchased service from Myriad Network. Should your service(s) become unavailable for a cumulative period of one hour in one calendar month, Customer shall request via email to support@MyriadNetwork.com within 15 days, and receive a refund equivalent to one day of Customer's pro-rated recurring monthly fees for that month. Customer will receive an additional refund of one day of the pro-rated service(s) recurring monthly fees for each additional hour, or portion thereof, of unavailability. All refund calculations will be based on unavailability in one-hour increments.
    Also, my Nagios alerted me that at 0450 (GMT) today, my server was back up and running with all services responding but then went down again completely at 1002.

concept64 Guest
    Yup, I'm seeing approximately 24 hours of downtime, minus about 4 hours in the middle of the night that I can't verify 100% functionality. I've gotten all the same responses from Tech Support, "running a checkdisk", "possibly a DNS issue", neither of which make any sense. I'm very disappointed in the level of feedback we're getting from them. Disabling the forums, no updates on their site, no responses back from support tickets that make sense. :-( This sucks because Myriad was FANTASTIC.
    I share sentiments about 1and1 and Media Temple, I've tried both with poor results.
    I just got a response back from Myriad about my ticket, after I asked what the resolution was:
    This issue appears to be resolved. Please recheck and let us know.
    Not very informative or helpful.

I still haven't received any update on my ticket past the "running a checkdisk" they sent me about 24 hours ago. I guess they hate me .
    Since they told you that the issue is apparantly resolved, can you get into your server or does it still appear to be down just like mine?
    I don't particularly care about my server now since I took a full backup of everything when they did that whole IP change "just incase" and I have my new server which I'm configuring. I just hope they don't continue charging me next month...

concept64 Guest
    I actually included the SLA in my ticket and told them I expected to be compensated for the downtime according to their terms, and have received no response regarding those statements.
    I can now access my server, yes.
    Meanwhile, I will be searching for a new host, and hoping they pro-rate my quarterly payments. Such a shame. I feel like I've completely failed my clients, and there was absolutely no forewarning and nothing I could do to fix the issue. Like everyone else, I couldn't even access the server IP via WHM, VZPP, or SSH. If there really were hardware/networking problems, I can forgive an issue like this every couple of years, but twice in 2 weeks and absolutely no indication/feedback on the problems or their resolutions?! I was ashamed to even respond to my clients with "I don't know what the problem is and I can't fix it."

They are most likely waiting for everything to clear up as they are probably still under a heavy workload, but I'm sure they'll work out the SLA compensation with you.

Problems are not over. They are apparently handling matters on a case-by-case basis. I was getting good attention yesterday. They got everything up and going, except one SSL issue. Today, the only response I have gotten was in response to the list of my sites that are down: "What sites are you referring to? These sites come up for us. Please clear your cache and close browsers and try again."
    They must be accessing behind their router. I cannot get to my sites. Several of them are law firms. Monday's a busy day for law firms.

They must be accessing behind their router. I cannot get to my sites. Several of them are law firms. Monday's a busy day for law firms.
    Don't take this the wrong way please. I just try to see the humor in just about everything.
    The thought that you have lawyers for clients, and having hosting issues just made me chuckle a little.
    On a more serious note, do you have a backup plan?
    Can you get to your backups, or more importantly, have you been making any backups?
    It may time for you to snag another cheap VPS and when your provider comes back up... try and snag a backup before they have issues again, that way at least you can get your customers on another server in the interim, plus... be ready if happens again!

I got an email about 1PM EST that said they rebooted my VPS. No other info. I can get into my VPS, but my sites wouldn't come up because the MySQL installation was hopelessly corrupted. (Actual data files missing, not fixable via mysqlcheck.) I salvaged as much as I could and copied it over to my new host.
    The system clock is off by over 6 hours (has to be set on the host and not in the VPS). They didn't even bother to fix that. (Don't they run NTPD on their host?)
    Whatever--my cancel date is tomorrow, so I'm glad I won't have to deal with this uncommunicative, possibly technically-incompetent company. Two major outages in the last two weekends, and they won't even explain what happened. What a fall for this once stellar company. Best of luck to anyone who stays...

Looks like I can access the CP again and it appears that my VPS was stopped. I managed to start it successfully. Didn't get told a thing from Myriad though. I don't need my VPS now since I've been restoring everything on my new server (just have the database left to import) but at least this will give me a chance to wipe everything off "just incase" .

On a more serious note, do you have a backup plan?
    Can you get to your backups, or more importantly, have you been making any backups?
    Sure, they can move to a new server. But they had everything up and working last night when I went to bed. I suspect that the remaining problems are minor. Since it's the weekend, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    I just got an email from them a few minutes ago. Hopefully they're back to working on mine. If things are going well later tonight, I will definitely have to move everyone. I already have a second server that is compatible with these, but with DNS changes, left behind email, and the like, I'd rather they go ahead and solve the probelm. This is not how I wanted to spend the weekend.

saomay Guest
    My server has been down for more than 24 hours...just unbelievable how they have been handling the whole migration...I have lost money, development time, and etc
    Does anyone know what is their new phone number? Apparently, the old myriadnetwork number has been programmed to auto-disconnect.

According to what either Ryan or Eric (I forgot which one) posted in their forums prior to it being disabled, they no longer have a phone number and that they stopped having one "years ago".
    Someone else whom I've been keeping in loose contact with via email since this happened had also tried all the numbers he could find but couldn't get through to Myriad on any of them.

According to what either Ryan or Eric (I forgot which one) posted in their forums prior to it being disabled, they no longer have a phone number and that they stopped having one "years ago".
    Someone else whom I've been keeping in loose contact with via email since this happened had also tried all the numbers he could find but couldn't get through to Myriad on any of them.

This is just a warning for all clients who have not yet moved away from myriad network / EMC telecom http://emcwebhosting.com

its not only their incompetence that is so infuriating but the lackadaisical response and complete disregard for their customers. I had a great relationship with the owner tom peterson and am completely dismayed he would sell out his customers with no notice. Tom was a person of integrity and passion when he started myriad network, but this M&A was my worst business experience ever.

this is all the response i received after EMC lost my data:

your account had been removed from the server. We no longer have backups of your account in our system and your access has been completely shut off.
    Here is some interesting information, a lawsuit between EMC and Pryme technologies, a company based in the same town as myriad network.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-240079/

Myriad was really one of the BEST hosts out there at one point. They even had higher prices to justify the top notch service - and people had no problem paying for it. I just can't believe what happened..

Securityminded Technologies, LLC and EMC TELECOM CORP.

Here are some more details about the sale.

Apparently Myriad Network (Securityminded Technologies, LLC ) sold their clients to EMC Telecom in december 2008. There was an issue with Pryme technologies who were not releasing servers to EMC.

EMC has purchased thirteen website hosting companies with 11 different collocation or server hosting companies
    I believe they meant to spell this Co-location.

Pryme has threatened to turn off the servers and to terminate and disrupt EMC's web hosting services to its customers effective today. Friday March 6.2009 at 5:00
    pm.

Attached is the 6 million dollar claims lawsuit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123