how difficult to set up openSRS

after looking for a while, I think I am gonna have to go with openSRS....

how difficult is it to set up the openSRS api.............and it can be integrated perfectly into any site right??

I just want to get a rough idea of how long it will take to set up......

I would suggest you use the SourceForge code opensrs-sf, and yes, it's fairly easy to integrate this into your website.

You can have the basic web interface running in few little time.

I would suggest you also join the mailing lists (listed on the opensrs website under RSP resources).

Welcome to OpenSRS.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

I've just been reading through alot of their docco,
    and I couldn't find anything about how payments are processed...
    will customers be transferred to their server for payment.....or will I have to do that through my site??

OpenSRS does not handle any billing. You buy the domain credits in bulk, then refil when you need to. You need to setup your own system for processing payments.

-Dan
    Affordable web hosting, design, & domain registration services since 2001
    www.serve-you.net

Originally posted by thewitt
    I would suggest you use the SourceForge code opensrs-sf, and yes, it's fairly easy to integrate this into your website.

You can have the basic web interface running in few little time.

I would suggest you also join the mailing lists (listed on the opensrs website under RSP resources).

Welcome to OpenSRS.

-t
    How is opensrs-sf better than the one OpenSRS.com gives you?

Originally posted by serve-you
    OpenSRS does not handle any billing. You buy the domain credits in bulk, then refil when you need to. You need to setup your own system for processing payments.

-Dan
    How are the DNS servers and account info kept? Do you have to set those up and maintain them yourself?

Originally posted by Skeptical

How is opensrs-sf better than the one OpenSRS.com gives you?
    Readily integrated into authorize.net for payment processing, more modular design, and the OpenSRS code is moving to opensrs-sf officially over the next few months, so it gives you a head start.

-t

Originally posted by Skeptical
    How are the DNS servers and account info kept? Do you have to set those up and maintain them yourself?
    You need to do DNS yourself - or make arrangements with someone else for DNS (like EveryDNS.net).

As for account info, all client domain information is kept at OpenSRS. If you want to do something else with client info, you need to store it locally.

Once you purchase a domain through an OpenSRS reseller, you can manage your domain from any OpenSRS reseller - or from OpenSRS.net directly. Should your reseller ever go away, you are protected.

-t