Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    The true meaning of PR I would say is your websites trust with Google, I am not a PR maniac, or put much of my emphasis on PR.

Second, if your website PR is 0 but you have a strong organic result, your website I would say is optimized for Google, because thats what counts, it's the strong organic result not the greenbar.
    If you have a strong organic result its only a matter of time before your PR jumps up anyway.. So.. PR does show you in a way, how your site is optimized for Google, But it does take some time to establish

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGod View Post
    If you have a strong organic result its only a matter of time before your PR jumps up anyway..
    I would be interested in hearing how you come to that conclusion.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

Thumbs down Is Page Rank An Important Factor?

I don't think the discussion is over here.

Please read this article and lets go ahead: http://andybeard.eu/2008/02/pagerank...ng-factor.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    The true meaning of PR I would say is your websites trust with Google, I am not a PR maniac, or put much of my emphasis on PR.

Second, if your website PR is 0 but you have a strong organic result, your website I would say is optimized for Google, because thats what counts, it's the strong organic result not the greenbar.
    So you are saying pagerank is really a trustrank, making the real trustrank redundant?

I worry for the ones that do not know any better than to follow your advice.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Thus PageRank is the primary Google Search Ranking Factor, because it is the only factor you 100% have to fulfil to have a chance for your pages to rank in Google's search results.
    While this is strictly true (Google once said that if it cannot find one link to your page it will not be indexed) it is IMO misleading in that it implies that PageRank trumps all other factors, which has not been shown to be true.

It is also true that since we cannot know the True PR of any page we have no way of knowing if there are pages without PR which are indexed, but it does seem counter intuitive.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

I hope everyone understand Page Rank is a cumulative thing. You can just go and get PR. It is the product of many different factors on and off of your website. Thus I feel it is insane to worry about PR. PR in itself is not tangible. You can’t hold it or control it. That is why PR Sculpting doesn’t hold water. All you can do is make sure your doing what you can do on your website to rank well. Tried and true methods like optimized title attributes, good architecture/navigation, relevant unique content, etc.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12