Yahoo! web hosting - anyone have experience with it?

After googling and finding Yahoo Web Hosting (yeah, on google.com) I decided to come here and see if anyone has talked about it. My search for "Yahoo web hosting" came up empty!

Does anyone here know anything about the quality of Yahoo web hosting?

(I tried linking to Yahoo web hosting, but it wouldn't let me as I do not yet have 5 posts - so sorry, no link, but easy to find!)

Also, Hi, everyone. First post here (after much lurking)!

Someone was just talking about yahoo, but I can't remember the post and I'm not sure what to search by. I know they weren't happy. I would recommend going with a company that specializes in web hosting. I can recommend Total Choice Hosting to you. I really enjoyed my stay with them.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

I have heard some bad things about Yahoo! Hosting. I think this may be because hosting isn't their main focus.

Even though they are "Yahoo" the web hosting side is not too good. I had a site with them about two years ago and cancelled. Their prices are not competitive and support is below average
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on them too. Primarily for business email but a simple web presence also.

thanks.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

I have used them, for a real short period just because I was very upset with there support. It took them a REAL long time to reply back to my emails. I cant remember exactly what the problem was but it was enough to never deal with them again!

Quote Originally Posted by dave-dave View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on them too. Primarily for business email but a simple web presence also.

thanks.
    My experience with Yahoo! hosting was none-too-enjoyable. Their tech support was always uninformed and unhelpful. Performance was slow. I originally picked them because I wanted an easy-to-use shopping cart.

You've got to realize that, compared to Yahoo!, I actually believed GoDaddy was good. My standards have risen an awful lot since then.

I find no saving graces with Yahoo!. Whatever they have, you can get better results elsewhere, from business mail to hosting. I suppose they're OK if you just want the free mail, but my co-host on one of my radio shows uses them and is always complaining.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel
    Host/Executive Producer, The Paracast, www.theparacast.com
    I do not represent the hosting industry!

Honestly if I see a company that uses yahoo as a host and its a company I would buy things from I walk away.
    To me hosting with yahoo seems very unprofessional and tells me that you do not care about your site or company .

Quote Originally Posted by amichan View Post
    Honestly if I see a company that uses yahoo as a host and its a company I would buy things from I walk away.
    To me hosting with yahoo seems very unprofessional and tells me that you do not care about your site or company .
    People take the name Yahoo! and assume it has to be good.

But Yahoo! has had lots of problems, and I have no doubt their hosting service is among them.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

Yahoo to me says cheap or bad not good.
    Kind of like if I see a company using a hotmail email account.
    All I get when I think of yahoo is cheap and I see the company or site screaming in my head saying I do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by amichan View Post
    Yahoo to me says cheap or bad not good.
    Kind of like if I see a company using a hotmail email account.
    All I get when I think of yahoo is cheap and I see the company or site screaming in my head saying I do not care.
    Yet, there are far better hosts that charge less for more.

You've read about many of them in these forums.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

Indeed but price has little to do with the type of cheap I meant.
    Sorry if I am being over opinionated.
    Its just how I feel when I see a company using yahoo as a host.
    To me I would not buy from a company that uses yahoo but I might buy from a company that uses a host that cost 4.95 a month.

I had yahoo as one of my hosts long ago (geocities). The truth is that my site grew up there, never had problems and became so popular that I had to move to Unix hosting (yes! Unix by that time ) and get a domain.

About a year ago, I was considering yahoo for one of my minor sites but selected godaddy. They looked similar.

Yahoo worked great, and free by that time
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

People take the name Yahoo! and assume it has to be good.
    Or that customer's sites are hosted on the same platform as their own web properties.

first time I heard yahoo offer webhosting , I remember Geocities but I don't like it as having ads popping up