Thread: Mail Problem ?

Question Mail Problem ?

Hi,

I have Linux with WHM/Cpanel. I have setup two mail servers A.domain.com and B.domain.com

domain.com MX 0 A.domain.com (Exim)
    A.domain.com A 192.168.1.1

domain.com MX 10 B.domain.com (Smartermail)
    B.domain.com A 192.168.2.1

now when we send mail A.domain.com to B.domain.com mail does not deliver and error The recipient does not exist and same thing when we send mail B.domain.com to A.domain.com

Secondly when i send mail through Google it send mail to exim users and when i change priority 0 to 10 of A mail server and 10 to 0 of B mail server that time mail send to B mail server not to A mail server.

SO please guide me how to solve this problem ......................

Thank you.
    =============
    Map007

Linux Blog

Quote Originally Posted by map007 View Post

now when we send mail A.domain.com to B.domain.com mail does not deliver and error The recipient does not exist and same thing when we send mail B.domain.com to A.domain.com
    This is because both email account is created with domain.com rather than A.domain.com and B.domain.com. So sending email to someone@A.domain.com and someone@B.domain.com won't get you anywhere since the account in host A and B is created as someone@domain.com.

Quote Originally Posted by map007 View Post

Secondly when i send mail through Google it send mail to exim users and when i change priority 0 to 10 of A mail server and 10 to 0 of B mail server that time mail send to B mail server not to A mail server.

Thank you.
    DNS is ususally cached. So, the second time that you change the priority, Google DNS server may not have reflected it's DNS. You should not try your testing immediately after you have changed your priorty setting. Wait for a few hours or days before testing.. since you don't know how fast Google expires the DNS Cache.

Another way to test is to test using 2 different email provider to send the mail.