Please advices! OVH prevent me to get the files of server only via FTP.

Hello.. i just wrote a feedback from OVH .. you should really people stay away from them if you would like to have a serious quality and business..

Now i have issue they prevent me to have SSH and i have only FTP..

I used to have a Dedicated Server (OpenVZ) with Solusvm installed and around 20 VPS on it..
    After OVH turned me off now i have only FTP like i wrote..but i want to transfer to new dedicated server? My questions :

1. FTP has those folders http://i.snag.gy/qq2EL.jpg

2. Why some containers has http://i.snag.gy/QEeh3.jpg type of format?

3. How i transfer to new dedicated server? I mean i need to install SolusVM again and transfer folder manually.. ? If yes which folders?

4. I transfer all files manually from old to new one and not install anything into new one..?

Please advice me as soon as possible.. thank you all

Can't you try to boot it in rescue mode or that feature is no longer available?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    Can't you try to boot it in rescue mode or that feature is no longer available?
    No it is not.. only ftp

Quote Originally Posted by -liquid- View Post
    No it is not.. only ftp
    This can be a pain to work...... always get a remote backup.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

SSH onto your new server and install NCFTP, you can recursively get entire folders via FTP (http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/doc/ncftpget.html).

Then connect from the new server onto the old server via FTP using NCFTP.

This should be much easier than downloading them to your local computer and then uploading them to your new server.

Here's an article explaining how to do this:
    http://www.electrictoolbox.com/recur...-ftp-ncftpget/

As for the exact folder(s) you'd need to transfer over I'm not entirely sure as I've never dealt with SolusVM, but as far as I can tell from reading about it online it should be /vz/root
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Why OVH turned you off?
    It's quite strange, have you got any abuse infringment e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by HB-Andrei View Post
    SSH onto your new server and install NCFTP, you can recursively get entire folders via FTP (http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/doc/ncftpget.html).

Then connect from the new server onto the old server via FTP using NCFTP.

This should be much easier than downloading them to your local computer and then uploading them to your new server.

Here's an article explaining how to do this:
    http://www.electrictoolbox.com/recur...-ftp-ncftpget/

As for the exact folder(s) you'd need to transfer over I'm not entirely sure as I've never dealt with SolusVM, but as far as I can tell from reading about it online it should be /vz/root
    Hello ..

I have read the tutorial and i know which directory i should copy to new server..

Have you any idea how to copy the whole directory /etc/vz to the new server with this software.. i read it but it is a little messed..

Quote Originally Posted by HostMada - Andrea View Post
    Why OVH turned you off?
    It's quite strange, have you got any abuse infringment e-mail?
    I had but they are being solved in minutes.. everything was removed.. copyright notices and some fake phising scams from people who put it and then report to them to take me down.. and some other fake reports..

Hello ..

I have read the tutorial and i know which directory i should copy to new server..

Have you any idea how to copy the whole directory /etc/vz to the new server with this software.. i read it but it is a little messed..
    This should be the command you need to run from the new server SSH once you've installed NCFTP:

ncftpget -R -v -u "FTP_USER" -p "FTP_PASS" FTP_IP /etc/vz /etc/vz

Replace in the above line the following:
    FTP_USER - your FTP username
    FTP_PASS - your FTP password
    FTP_IP - the IP address of your old server to which it should connect via FTP

It should work.

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

This should be the command you need to run from the new server SSH once you've installed NCFTP:

It should work.

Thank you i will try it..

You should use LFTP to backup the data to another server.

Are they terminating your service or do they want you to reinstall the server as they think it may have be compromised.

OVH wouldn't pick a person at random to mess around with. Nobody here is dumb enough to believe that.

Thousands upon thousands of people run real businesses with them. I'm not buying this.
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by @Jesse View Post
    OVH wouldn't pick a person at random to mess around with. Nobody here is dumb enough to believe that.

Thousands upon thousands of people run real businesses with them. I'm not buying this.
    As OP was hosting VPSs on his server, perhaps one of his clients abused the network or sent out spam, triggering an OVH (strict) reaction... all though disabling SSH and only allowing FTP access is indeed an odd way of suspending someone.

As OP was hosting VPSs on his server, perhaps one of his clients abused the network or sent out spam, triggering an OVH (strict) reaction... all though disabling SSH and only allowing FTP access is indeed an odd way of suspending someone.
    Rather than bash a provider, you think he's just mention that. They wouldn't just not supply a reason.
    █ █ █

That's the usual way OVH take to protect their network, and I must say it's very clever.

Instead of unplugging/nullrouting they still give you access, but a sort of access that cannot be used to do harmfull things

It should work.
    Unfortunately this not worked all time i get

ncftpget /etc/vz: server said: Failed to open file.

Unfortunately this not worked all time i get

Be sure to have the folder /etc/vz already created on the new server and try again.

Be sure to have the folder /etc/vz already created on the new server and try again.
    Yes it is created..

Try:
    ncftpget -T -R -v -u "FTP_USER" -p "FTP_PASS" FTP_IP / /etc/vz

It should copy the vz folder (and all content) from your old server into /vz on your new server, don't create /vz on the new server before doing this, I've just tested this on a box and it worked.

Try:
    ncftpget -T -R -v -u "FTP_USER" -p "FTP_PASS" FTP_IP / /etc/vz

It should copy the vz folder (and all content) from your old server into /vz on your new server, don't create /vz on the new server before doing this, I've just tested this on a box and it worked.
    When i do this i execute i get again

[root@ ~]# ncftpget -T -R -v -u rootftp -p **** **.**.**.** / /et
    c/vz