ServInt Network Problems?

The problem is resolved .It wasnt Servint problem it was a problem with my country main newtwork provider

Last edited by intruder; 10-01-2003 at 02:54 AM.

are you on a VPS? read VPS forum. there are currently all kinds of problems. but they are not a reason to come ringing false alarms *without specifying what you are using*.

And no, nothing has been hapenning with the network. It's solid.

VPS forum is down for me.
    Seems it has been down for a while?
    my sites on VPS are not down but SLOW SLOW SLOW.

Servint VPS is really XXX

yeah, after the last reboot the forum is down... i wonder if we'd see some updates from servint - claiming memory problems on both servers at once would be childish

everything works though.. just the reboots... taking 40+ minutes each... pain...

This is just rediculous

so MANY DOWN TIMEs as far as i know 2 hours down time in two days. Now the network has got problems too, it is not as fast as two days ago. All WHM has messed up.

one of my client seems to lost his all phpbb database, which has 1000 messages. The disaster is he just cancel his 200 USD/month orders.

what can say... for 200$/month customers you sure tried to play cheap

An account like that deserves it's own dedicated server.
    Last edited by piramida; 10-01-2003 at 09:16 AM.

play cheap? sorry for my poor english. are you saying Servint is cheap?

MORe than 2HOURS down time in two days and no classifications is just acceptable?

It depends on how you sell it. Define "cheap" first

no, of course I'm not saying it is acceptable. what I mean is that you should have NOT had gone with a new offering they have zero experience with. it's more like a beta

Yes, but the wield thing is everytime we had problems we were told it is a beta, BUT did you not see they KEEP SELLING it EVEN it is a beta.

so, they intentionally sell betas to eveyrone? which just slow down improvements.

Or When they KEEP selling at "this moment", they think it is NOT a beta?

well, they needed some clients to test on maybe they didn't advertise it as a beta but it's a new product so you have to understand it would have initial setup troubles - everything has. moving established high-paying customers to a new product is insane.

Come on, do not miss points to my customer and me though.
    It is not the point here. Even he is 5USD/month customer. He does not deserve 2 hours down time either

Servint VPS is just down again.
    This is third times in two days.

More than 2 HOURS down time.

After one hour down, it is back up

Are you contacting ServInt regarding this too, or just whining to us?

Because posting ~8 posts in 12-15 hours, is well, immature.

**** happens, even to ServInt.

Shouldve gotten a dedicated server from them if you had that kind of clientelle.

Seems parkinghost makes this a practice. He's yet to validate any of his previous claims he's made in other threads regarding ServInt's services.

I pretty much discount his whining as.....well just whining....

Not even close to the extent you made promoting/defending ServInt a practice. Their dedicated servers may be great but VPSs just are not. At least not yet. You are blindly defending the service you don’t even know. You may actually be doing great disservice to your favourite company by provoking negative comments.

Marek

I was close to signing up with Servint's VPS, but the network just felt slow from where I am (West Coast).

I'm not sure if Watcher_TVI is associated with ServInt in any way, but it sure feels like he is or has a vested interest. Had the positive reviews on Servint been more varied, I would have felt more confident giving them a try despite my reservations. But it seems it's the same couple of people repeatly propping up Servint whenever others or I ask for a review of them. So in that respect I agree with Bima.

In the meantime I've gone with a virtual host.

Watcher_TVI is a huge ServInt fan. I'd trust ServInt with dedicated servers, but I wouldn't get a VPS until they've ironed out ALL problems. They seem like a very solid company.

- Matt

Originally posted by mainarea
    Watcher_TVI is a huge ServInt fan. I'd trust ServInt with dedicated servers, but I wouldn't get a VPS until they've ironed out ALL problems. They seem like a very solid company.

- Matt
    Thanks for the support guys. Here are some funs things about Virtuozzo we've discovered under production load that don't show up during testing, in no particular order of significance:

-You can't upgrade a 2.5.0 server to 2.5.1, you have to put up a new server and migrate
    -You can't copy a VE in 2.5.0 to another server, you have to move it
    -You can't migrate a 2.5.0 VE to 2.5.1 in the same template
    -You can't migrate a 2.5.1 VE back to 2.5.0
    -You can't fast-sync a VE under load

2.5.1 has more fun bugs including faults in resource limitations under certain conditions and a failure to return unused resources to the host machine appropriately to be reused. I'd love to discuss some of our issues through email with other providers who not only sell Virtuozzo based VPS products, but who actually have multiple servers, and may have experienced some of the same "fun" we have.

But yes, our servers are as solid as ever, hopefully to be joined soon by the VPS products.