Clustered.net review.

Right I was being treated like a child by my current server team at VI.NET, the rudeness, contempt, smugness, cockyness, attitude and downright lack of humility and way to speak to people got the best of me and so I needed a fast server at less cost.

I was using a £153 dedicated server with a £150 per hour, but we might not fix it in an hour - call out charge.

I now have a £89 odd VPS which out performs the above, has faster response times, has staff to die for who only want to serve.

Long may I continue with Clustered.net and I am delighted as my business grows for them to reap margins from my contribution as a customer.

As a complete novice I was clueless about a move but John not only demo'd me a site at no cost on his platform but moved all my stuff across free. This man is a complete testament to how to win business regardless of how big or small your fees are.

Having tested more than 20 responses on initial enqiries John blew them all away with a simple.. "ok... you can try look at your site if you like on our box, let me do it for you and see if you like it" HOOK LINE AND BINGO.. Well done John well done Clustered and thank F*&*& you saved my life.

As for the other company ... that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post

Having tested more than 20 responses on initial enqiries John blew them all away with a simple.. "ok... you can try look at your site if you like on our box, let me do it for you and see if you like it" HOOK LINE AND BINGO.. Well done John well done Clustered and thank F*&*& you saved my life.
    @Stormbitch, i can't agree more. I just joined them and untill now everything looks great. I will post my own review in a few months, because i don't like to cheer to fast

But untill now ... there recommanded!
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

+1 brilliant service and servers

Keith
    VPS & Dedi with -
    UKServers (8/10) Clouvider (7/10) 12 month, Rapidswitch (1/10) 15Years+, Hivelocity (10/10) 7 Years, Clustered net (10+/10) 17Years+

Wow this is a surprising thumbs up agreement party.

It's great to know they have been treating you well.

I saw the site a day ago and was going to sign up with one of the high end 16 sas dedicated servers but the lack of network info such as the main location and pictures of the facility made me look for some more reviews before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    It's great to know they have been treating you well.

I saw the site a day ago and was going to sign up with one of the high end 16 sas dedicated servers but the lack of network info such as the main location and pictures of the facility made me look for some more reviews before hand.
    Maybe a good hint for them to put on the site ? Didn't they renew it recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by target View Post
    Maybe a good hint for them to put on the site ? Didn't they renew it recently ?
    I don't remember if they changed there site recently, I am not one to notice but the network page is one of the first things I check and is one of the pages that helps me decide to go with the host, without it I think they are hiding something or just have not seen the need for it.

I will probably send a sales email asking for more details on the datacenter today though. The staff member that advertises here is only one a few times a month so I don't think the review will be seen either, I will include this page with the sales email so they know they have gotten a positive review, its always a great morale boost for staff

is Clustered.net good? Reputable for VPS?

Yes...

Yes very good company in deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
    Yes very good company in deed.
    They are so expensive! What about inmotion hosting?

service is expectable, a little pricey nowadays

We only started moving away due to price and no discounts for multiple servers like the old days

Worth a try if within your budget or try xensmart, xtrahost all good

Keith
    VPS & Dedi with -
    UKServers (8/10) Clouvider (7/10) 12 month, Rapidswitch (1/10) 15Years+, Hivelocity (10/10) 7 Years, Clustered net (10+/10) 17Years+

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    I will probably send a sales email asking for more details on the datacenter today though.
    Hi,

I have been using Clustered for more than a year now and until now i only have good things to say. Excelent support service, network and servers.

But i agree that their website should be updated and have more detailed information about their datacenter. I now for a fact that they colocate with Gyron on Centro Datacenter. This information should be on their website along with the rest of the datacenter details.

Also on the About page, the link for the Alertra.com uptime track service gives an error.

So besides their website, John runs a very quality company. I just wish that their website information to be updated and their network status page should have RSS subscription option.

Just one last thing is that they should continue to give use to their Twitter Network Status account that is always welcome when a complete network problem happens.

Anyway, clustered.net is a very good company.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrojose View Post
    Hi,

'Excelent support service'
    'Anyway, clustered.net is a very good company.'
    Altough i tend to agree with you on most of the things you wrote i really have mixed feelings about the response times on tickets.

Sometimes it's within a reasonable time, but somtimes it tkaes days to answer a ticket. I have a ticket open for almost 2 days now. This is been going on for a long time now with ups and downs. It seem they are having serious problems in having a decent support setup.