Another rip: http://www.scpanel.net/index.htm

Another ripper... anyone know these guys?

http://www.idologic.com/

http://www.scpanel.net/index.htm

?

The designer of our site has already confirmed that this was note made by him.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

they say they bought it as a template... curious as to what site that is... will let everyone know who to avoid
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Don't you just love this

Well .. they do look the same.

This is not the first time your site has shown up as a bought template. You've successfully had these taken down every time you've found them, but have the offending sites given you the names of the sellers so you can close them down as well?

It's time you sought out the source!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

well, none of them ever remembers the name of the person or the website, etc. etc...

Then sue them.

If they don't have any records of their purchses such that they can prove their designs originated with a third party, you have a hefty tort suit, tens of thousands of dollars perhaps. Dig up Internet caches to make sure the evidence exists, and have a lawyer draft a letter. If they don't disclose the source, follow through. Sue them. Make an example of one of these thiefs.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Oh, I will if they don't comply.... this particular one hasn't complied and their reseller doesn't care either it seems (incognitonetworks.com). Anyhow, I've already leaned on the planet and will get them to shut down that resellers box if they won't comply... it might seem harsh, but we're ultra protective of our trademarks, copyright, ip...

Question for ya, how did you find this site? Random searching?

Actually a client of the designer contacted the designer, then he contacted us. Today I got the copyscape results and it was in there as well.

Just wondering...

What's the point of posting ripped sites here? If everyone posted them here it could fill up the whole forum.

Maybe we can have a Fraud/Scam category?

Oh and maybe part of the problem why your site gets ripped is that your website is in your designer's portfolio. It's a full working version instead of a screenshot. If the designer just showed a screenshot it would help prevent some theft.

He showed up under some template search in google adwords, so people looking for templates can find him and just copy what he has very easily.
    Last edited by Pete; 09-23-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Actually, he's pointing to our site last time I checked, but I will double check.

I just think its a bad recipe... people looking for templates eventually end up at your website.

I just checked and unless I'm missing something it's just a link to our website.

Originally posted by Pete
    I just think its a bad recipe... people looking for templates eventually end up at your website.
    And that makes stealing it right?

Originally posted by Pete
    What's the point of posting ripped sites here? If everyone posted them here it could fill up the whole forum.
    Imho, if they do business here (and they do) people should know... if they remove it 'cos they didn't know, then people will see that too.

Maybe we can have a Fraud/Scam category?
    That'd be an excellent idea...

Originally posted by idologic_dh
    And that makes stealing it right?
    Please highlight where I said stealing it is right.

If your goal is not to get your design stolen/copied then ONE SUGGESTION I have is not to have it in your designer's template portfolio.

You didn't... but the fact that it is linked from the designers page shouldn't be an invitation, that's all...

It's a valid suggestion, I'm merely pointing out that it's sad something like that would have to be done... tells me a lot about an industry and it's people...

Just wanted to say they did remove the design... still waiting for the name of the seller though...