Wi9ndows WordPress? Crap, never thought I would be asking this.....

But I may have a situation where that is the only way. Does anyone know of a host that offers or better yet specializes in this?

Thanks for any help. Dave
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

I don't quite understand... If you want to host Wordpress in a Windows environment you'll just need to find a provider that supports PHP and MySQL (both will run on Windows).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Oh, I see. I guess I always thought there was way more to it than that. Maybe this will not be so bad then. I thought that WP usually was known for running poorly anywhere near Windows

If I have to do this I would need a shared hosting account that was reliable and dependable. None of this usual Gone out of business or server has a million VPS's on it stuff Dave
    CapeWP.com

Do you do Windows shared hosting?
    CapeWP.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    I thought that WP usually was known for running poorly anywhere near Windows
    Only if you live in 2007 or earlier.
    Since IIS7, PHP can actually run better in Windows than Linux.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Only if you live in 2007 or earlier.
    Since IIS7, PHP can actually run better in Windows than Linux.
    Windows guys will argue it runs better on Windows, and Linux guys will argue it runs better in Linux. Point is: It runs well on both.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Well, this is good news. Because I like both, but have been using Cpanel and Linux for hosting for awhile I forgot about Windows.

So, this will not cause me to lose the job I am going after. Excellent! But my question still remains, can anyone recommend a good Windows host for WordPress? Thanks.
    CapeWP.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    Well, this is good news. Because I like both, but have been using Cpanel and Linux for hosting for awhile I forgot about Windows.

So, this will not cause me to lose the job I am going after. Excellent! But my question still remains, can anyone recommend a good Windows host for WordPress? Thanks.
    I used CrystalTech years ago and they were good at that time, not sure about now. Why does it specifically need to be Windows out of curiosity?

CLient has proprietary accounting software and the programmer there offers a feature where there is a Pay Bill Now button on client's site that hooks up to that software in a PCI compliant manner. I believe it is because the accounting software is Windows and just the way the feature is made dictates that it be a Windows Host.

Of course now this has me thinking that I have never seen a solid niche player in the Windows WP arena and this makes me think maybe there is an opportunity as it would provide a choice for WP hosting.

I like to choose an arena, in this case I chose Linux for hosting as I felt it was a better choice because of Cpanel and this excellent forum

So I hate to split my time as I have not even scratched the surface of learning Linux Hosting yet.

Ironically I do have a client or 2 on a Windows shared account but that for need of MSSQL. I guess I could call them and see what they think about WP. I like them alot as they have been as solid as you could ever want a host to be. Hosting.com is the company. Calling them now.
    CapeWP.com

turns out they have a very interesting plan good for FIVE sites! http://www.hosting.com/services/plat...t-professional
    CapeWP.com

Well, just a confirmation that WP words pretty well on Windows - I've also seen some amount of support for Windows IIS URL Rewrite module in WP to support pretty URL's. Plus Microsoft supports installing it through Web Application Gallery as well
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

I highly suggest EuroVPS for Windows hosting.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Thanks folks. I will find out for sure if this is necessary and post back. URL rewrites would certainly be very important.
    CapeWP.com