Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: site 5...woes

Quote Originally Posted by Site5-Kevin
    Thank you for your honest comments regarding your experience with Site5
    Here's my honest opinion of Site5 - Your service stinks, infact it goes beyond, it reaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Site5-Kevin
    (though they are clearly not indicative of the high level of customer satisfaction that we strive for).
    Here's polite little reality check for you, the "level of customer satisfaction" and what you "strive for" are two completely different things.

I used to host with Site5, last year. Around the time I registered this account, and I registered it to post a 5 page written detailed review of Site5. Unfortunately we had a family member pass away and I went interstate for three weeks. I may have a dig through the hard drive I pulled out before I sold the old laptop and see if I can find it.

At the time of leaving it was the same old fluff being posted by Site5. "Oh we had an influx of customers, oh we grew so fast, oh we're working on getting things back, oh we're hiring half of the american population to work in our help desk, bla bla bla."

Good to see that a year on not much has changed, so my review of Site5 will still be accurate.

Regards,

Joel

Yes, site5 is worst and worst. I can't even download a backup : it's broken after a few minutes and it's official, same problem for at least a lot of people if not anyone.
    Yesterday I choosed solarvps in UK. centos with 512MB dedicated and cpanel, managed hosting. I may expect something working. with such a fee they just don't have a right to failurel. I have read good reviews about them and since I'm in France they are fast as hell. I also ping eurovps : 140ms. not faster than US ! with solar I have 60ms. some french host have that speed, but not faster, and more expensive.

just for the fun, I also sent an email to kevin. never answered.

Quote Originally Posted by frozange
    Dear sir, I made a huge mistake and you should kill me for that. I used a little web crawling tool to create a google site map, about 1uls per second. Big deal. You disabled my site, which I was able to enable it again, but you also banned my very own IP. No answers, my tickets are even deleted ! so

I have no mail, I can’t manage my site, I can’t even change my host and I paid a full year in advance.
    Beside of that your backup tool does not work (ruby failure, you know that, never fixed it). I paid for flashback never got it. And of course no refund.
    I am just another client complaigning about you. 20 dollars a month, no big deal. Who cares if I leave ? but how could I leave since I can’t do backup, I can’t even access my very own site ?
    It’s not about money, it’s about honesty. Shame on you.

frozange they don't care.

The backup tool never worked last may when I was with them. They screwed up the control panel then introduced flashback etc, that also never worked properly. They used their paying customers as beta testers basically.

at the very beginning, the backup worked. do you remember when they said "if you use more and more ressources we just move you on a more powerfull server" ? I bet we could find it here, from Matt himself. Now they have a TOS : and my site already disabled two times (an my IP banned) because I used a web crawler.
    I'm afraid soon or later we will have the same problems with every other shared hosting. that's why I broke my wallet and took a 80$ VPS account.

I won't argue about your honesty, more likely your incompetence -I can't even download a backup !-
    Yes, I was supposed to have rapidreflex, yes I was supposed to have flashback. It was black on white on your adv and almost everybody around can testimony about that. Let's check about it :
    Copy in webtalking host, where I found your adv in the first place, as most of your users, and former users.

> -----Message d'origine-----
    > De : Site5 Billing [mailto:billing@site5.com]
    > Envoyé : jeudi 14 septembre 2006 18:17
    > À : frozange@msn.com
    > Objet : [Site5 #NQL-109406]: lafactory.com does not answer
    >
    > The plan to which you upgraded in January of 2006 did not include the
    > RapidReflex feature, nor was the Flashback option listed as an available
    > or included option with the Unleashed plan on which you are presently
    > --
    > Taber R. Landwerlen
    > Customer Service
    > Site5 Internet Solutions, Inc.
    > http://www.site5.com

for all non-site5 users, unleashed was supposed to be their most powerfull plan... as could suggest the name by itself.

I've been reading this thread, and others on the same subject, with interest over the last few weeks. I registered with Site5 a few months ago after reading reviews of them here and, at first, they were pretty good. As time went on though problems arose and, in the end, my account was suspended temporarily through resource usage, as many others on here have been.

Fair enough, I run a pretty busy VBulletin forum as part of my site so it had obviously outgrown the shared, but I couldn't get to my site to optimise it or try to solve the problems. Site5 asked me if I'd fixed the problem, to which I answered I couldn't get to my site to fix it as they'd taken away my necessary access. I asked about the possibility of upping my hosting, which they couldn't do because they don't do VPS or dedicated but, never mind, they could put me on a mailing list which would let me know when they became available. Errrr, hang on, I need my site up now so putting me on a mailing list wouldn't be much good, so I said that I'd have to look at other 'options'. Lo and behold, they suddenly gave me my access back, so I took my site down to the bare bones so resource wasn't an issue.

Site5 seem to be very good with ideas and telling customers what they want to hear, but the 'meat' behind it seems to have disappeared out of the window. Case in point above with Kevin asking to hear about people's problems, but disappearing when they actually do that. I might have been tempted to stick with them until I read of other customer woes on here, which made me realise it wasn't just me thinking the way I was. Site5 had a good ethic, but they seem to have lost their way badly when it comes to dealing with existing customers.

Anyway, I've done stacks of research and last night I signed up with a semi-dedicated package with JaguarPC, can't really praise their sales department enough and a couple of little issues (self inflicted) I've had which have meant I've had to log a support ticket have been dealt with in super quick time. So, count me as another customer Site5 have lost as I'll be cancelling my hosting with them as soon as the site is transferred.

no flashback in unleashed plan, they said...

About Site5 Superhosting Unleashed Plan:

Site5 has always been a leading innovator in the industry, and has built a streamlined business model to be able to offer only the highest quality of services at a very affordable price.

The Site5 Superhosting Unleashed Plan, powered by the Superhosting platform not only boast unbelievable features, but they now allow you to do much more than regular web hosting!

Host, create and manage multiple domains, each with their own FULL accounts — full e-mail, FTP, and control panels — with Site5's True MultiSite™ interface. Kiss your domain pointers goodbye. With Flashback: Personal Website Time Machine ™, you'll never, ever lose a file again: restore up-to-the-second backups of files, revert back a file or directory at any time, and even send your site back to any previous point in your site's history. It will blow you away. These are just a couple of the many ways that Site5 has made hosting your website fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScot
    Anyway, I've done stacks of research and last night I signed up with a semi-dedicated package with JaguarPC, can't really praise their sales department enough and a couple of little issues (self inflicted) I've had which have meant I've had to log a support ticket have been dealt with in super quick time. So, count me as another customer Site5 have lost as I'll be cancelling my hosting with them as soon as the site is transferred.
    heard good things about jaguar. I just choosed solarvps because they have a UK center and since I'm french they have a hell of a speed.

btw site5 does not refund, they only give you credits, no money back.

They issue refunds for the unused portion of pre-paid service. That is what they say here:

http://www.site5.com/support/terms-shared.php

(I do not work for them )

I did not talk about unused portion of pre-paid service but service not available at all : they don't refund, only put some credit on your account.
    I have already more than 30 "dollars" on my account. Do you want them ? half-price ?

I assume that if a prepaid (you already paid it) service is not available, it has been completely unused (no used portion), so the TOS would apply and you should get a full refund ... well just IMHO

I don't assume : I asked. no refund. they even told me flashback was not part of the unleashed plan, check it in google, site5 has a very short term memory, but Internet kept track of every plan they ever made until now. anyway, I have a 30$ credit credit on my account beside of the my full prepaid account. that's a fact. If you are so sure about their refund policy, give me just 5$ and I give you my full 30$ credit. that's a bargain, do you take it ?
    Last edited by Lafactory; 09-14-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Sorry to hear that. I have not had billing issues with site5, just read their tos when saw your complaint and it was clear to me that they should give you a refund according to their TOS. Good luck!

that's why you don't know. here is my billing from the very same panel you have :

14-09-06 Credit $3.00 30-01-06 Credit $209.64 27-01-06 Charge $-209.64 24-01-06 Credit $17.56 View More
    Account Status

Current Balance: $35.04 Customer Since: unknown

If someoen from site5 monitors this why dont you look at all your customers who are complaining here. Its not just one or two you got hundreads all saying the same thing.

They actually do monitor the forums but unfortunantly at times it is hard to determine the legit nature of many of the post. I am not saying this thread is not legit - but in general you have to be cautious.

Site 5 is a growing company that tends to be growing outside of what they can currently handle - but - in their defense - they are working to accommodate the growth. One thing that appears from this thread and many alike is the overwhelming sense that Site 5 is beginning to loose touch with their customers, especially the long-time customers (feel they will always stay) and are focusing on more getting new customers.

I believe they are making efforts to work with many of the customers that posted in this forum to ensure matters of such don't happen again. Growth is hard to handle for many companies but if you focus on a simple little rule:

"Retain before Obtain"

You will weather it just fine.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    Site 5 is a growing company that tends to be growing outside of what they can currently handle - but - in their defense - they are working to accommodate the growth. One thing that appears from this thread and many alike is the overwhelming sense that Site 5 is beginning to loose touch with their customers, especially the long-time customers (feel they will always stay) and are focusing on more getting new customers.
    Beginning to lose touch? That's a good one!

My issues with them started a year ago (with untested "upgrades" and server "updates"... gee, sound familiar?) and continued downhill for 4-5 months until I finally couldn't afford to stay with them anymore. At no point during that time - or since I've left - have I seen anything from them to make me think they are working to solve the problems. All I've seen are statements from management that say the same exact thing that they did 10 months ago. Wouldn't you think you'd see some progress in 10+ months if a company was honestly trying to change?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Site5 no longer cares about their customers, especially those that post on WHT. They're signing up many new clients daily that never heard of WHT and don't know any better.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

I'm glad I moved. I still didn't cancel the account, so I just SSH'd in and see that server "rhodope" is still a junk-pile:

-jailshell-3.00$ uptime
    04:20:32 up 12:48, 2 users, load average: 24.60, 28.77, 27.19

I also see that mail still hasn't shown up from the 27th's so-called "queue backup." Some might consider that lost, rather than backed up.

There is still hope for Site5, though. All they have to do is put the same time & effort into support/reliability that they put into policing their forums.

It really bugged me when they were patrolling the forums... while I had a ticket open for 15 hours, waiting for a response.

I just searched their forums for rhodope and 12 of the 19 results were locked.

Just another site5 sucker here. stay away from site5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123