Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Which Language will Lead Web Development in Future?

Currently PHP is leading the server-side development and JavaScript is leading the client-side.
    • Which Server-Side Language will Lead in Future?

• Which Client-Side Language will Lead in Future?

• Will there be some hybrid of PHP & JavaScript?
      that can be used in both scenarios)

I don't see it changing much, except for ways to make it easier for more users to code. I see Boostrap framework increasing in popularity as well.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

Yeah, most likely they will remain. The only changes will be on frameworks/platforms. Like for css3, you have various frameworks. And for PHP, we are using Laravel.
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-hassan View Post
    Currently PHP is leading the server-side development and JavaScript is leading the client-side.
    I agree! I rarely see any website using ASP.NET nowadays. I personally think that PHP has made it much easier to code, not to mention its installation which is pretty simple, too! I also think that Bootstrap is very popular, but Foundation by Zurb is neat as well; Zurb even made "Ink" which is a responsive email framework.

Both sided languages are both as important so there is no picking of which one will be more used because both are used.

RoR

I would vote for Ruby on Rails very slowly surpassing PHP in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by gotlivechat View Post
    I don't see it changing much, except for ways to make it easier for more users to code. I see Boostrap framework increasing in popularity as well.
    Yeah, the status quo will remained for a hard-to-predict long period before changes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-hassan View Post
    Will there be some hybrid of PHP & JavaScript?
    that can be used in both scenarios
    The closest option right now would be Node.js. It allows JavaScript to be used on the server side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Node.js
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Ruby (on Rails), Python (Django), and C# (running on ASP.NET) are all languages that will grow over the next few years in web development.

However, Facebook and a few others have heavily invested into PHP's future and I don't foresee PHP being overtaken as the most popular web server side language in the next few years. It would take a major change, such as Wordpress and Facebook moving away from PHP.

As others have said, PHP is probably the most common in sheer numbers of websites using it. This could be because of a few reasons, WordPress runs on PHP, its easy and quick to learn, does the job
    How ever if you look at websites at the top of the ranking, seems its pretty equal among large websites, Twitter running on ruby on rails, Facebook running on a variant of PHP + HACK (their own language) Google running on mix of things, go, python, java (not PHP)

All that being said, you are specifically asking about web dev, then yes PHP seems to be the go now a days for backends paired with a heavy client side JS framework.

why always PHP, i Guess JEE or .net will replace PHP use

While the server side language is heavily opinionated we currently have a single language that runs in any browser: JavaScript.

It's interesting to note that Google joined Microsoft in the TypeScript (a more advanced language that is currently transpilled to JS 5 or JS 6) band and both giants are working on AngularJS.

They also intend to make TypeScript the EcmaScript (=JavaScript) version X.
    Which means TypeScript will be a native language supported by browsers.
    But many years will pass until this would happen.

I highly recommends you to be an experts in Java technology. It is the only language that provides you highly security than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fitzherbert View Post
    I highly recommends you to be an experts in Java technology. It is the only language that provides you highly security than others.
    Can you bring some facts to this claim?

Off course, why not!
    Speed
    Security
    Portability
    Robust
    Platform Independent
    And many feature that is been provided by Java, while comparing to others, This is what makes it stable at the zenith of the languages.
    Is this information enough for you ? or In what way, i can help you?
    Actually if you do Google for Java comparing other languages, everything even job vacancies also makes huge differance.
    Thanks

This is the claim I was talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fitzherbert View Post
    It is the only language that provides you highly security than others.
    And your list of opinionated attributes are not factual data at all (and are not related to security). So, what facts do you have that Java is "provides you highly security"?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Andreias View Post
    While the server side language is heavily opinionated we currently have a single language that runs in any browser: JavaScript.

It's interesting to note that Google joined Microsoft in the TypeScript (a more advanced language that is currently transpilled to JS 5 or JS 6) band and both giants are working on AngularJS.

They also intend to make TypeScript the EcmaScript (=JavaScript) version X.
    Which means TypeScript will be a native language supported by browsers.
    But many years will pass until this would happen.
    hmmmm means that next generations JavaScript is AngularJS and in future TypeScript...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Andreias View Post
    This is the claim I was talking about:

And your list of opinionated attributes are not factual data at all (and are not related to security). So, what facts do you have that Java is "provides you highly security"?
    Obviously because their client doesn't allow you to use self-signed certificates anymore = high security.

Seriously though, Java is reactive at best when it comes to security, nothing annoys me more than Java's attempts at making things more secure by trying to make the client foolproof, instead of addressing more code exploits, and thus alienating power users.

I believe Daniel was just trying to bump up his post count, not trying to provide any valuable input.

Response

While not used for Web Development much I advocate C++. Why? Because the very fact its not used much is a security advantage. I use it all the time because I don't use MySQL. PHP is clearly the easiest for MySQL intensive Web applications, which is pretty much everything these days, but I would argue that security is more important than convenience. So from my point of view I hope PHP and other languages continue to dominate, so hackers keep focusing on these languages and their weaknesses.

With Jquery & Html5 you can use ANY language these days to produce Web content. I think the greater the diversity the better. When everyone uses the exact same formula, that's when things become dangerously vulnerable.
    Last edited by bjdea1; 04-19-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Deasoft.com Aussie & USA VPS, Reseller & Shared Hosting + WHMreseller & DAreseller
    AutoBillMe.com - The Non-PHP Automated Billing Solution for Web Hosts
    WHMreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for cPanel
    DAreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for DirectAdmin

Well Python is catching up. Rails will also be a competition.

I also foresee massive JS frameworks as well as heavy integration of JS on systems.

Other than that, we have http2 adoption on the rise as well as client-side rendering.

Client side it'll always be JS. The libraries will be the changing variable there, but I doubt jQuery is going anywhere for a while. Also bootstrap. :-)

Server side I think PHP will continue to dominate in terms of # of installs. But most serious custom web dev is done with Rails, Django or some ASP solution. I think these eco-systems are really good, and will continue to improve over the coming years.

Personally, I don't enjoy coding in PHP. But I do like Python, so I try to stick with that when I can. That said, nothing is easier than putting a wordpress install online with great plugins.

PHP <3

I think that PHP will defiantly stay for server-side web code, however, I do mysql_* and mysqli_* being replaced by PDO in the near future. As far as client side, JavaScript will continue to dominate. Like someone said earlier, Bootstrap 3 is becoming more and more popular because it simplifies web development.

I certainly hope people have been using PDO for a while at this point. ;-)

My gut feeling tells me Ruby on Rails will become bigger and bigger. Then again, PHP with a good framework such as Laravel is a strong option, and the one I currently prefer.
    MightWeb - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.
    KVM VPS's - RAID 10 Pure SSD - Windows & Linux - Managed services available
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | Pure SSD | Premium Network | SpamExperts
    DDoS Protection, R1Soft Hourly Backups, LiteSpeed, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee

I see all the major languages simply evolving over time. we may see a few new ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast