Arrow WHMCS - Automatically add client name in ticket reply

I know I know it's a simple/basic thing to do, but it's a nice touch to reply to your customers using their name and not just a simple "Hey" or "Hello"... and most of the companies support staff don't really bother manually typing in the client's name or even copy/paste it.

So here's the tweak, it requires 1 minute to implement and 1 file to edit:

Open this file with any text editor:
    "/admin/templates/v4/viewticket.tpl"
    (if you want to implement it on all admin themes then open viewticket.tpl from all the other themes and make the same changes explained below)

Find:
    Code:
    {if $signature}
    Replace with (this modification will show full client name):
    Code:
    Hello {$clientname}, {if $signature}
    OR replace with (this modification will only show first client name):
    Code:
    {assign var=cfirstname value=" "|explode:$clientname}Hello {$cfirstname[0]}, {if $signature}
    Of course you can replace the "Hello" with any number of words of your choosing: Hey, Greetings, Good Day, etc.

Save the file, and you're done.

I'm aware of the fact that it's a pretty basic tweak, but I thought I'd throw it out there, perhaps it may come in handy for some people.

Good day!
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Yep, we've been doing this for quite some time.

At the end of the day, anything that you [as a provider] can do to optimize and make your support process more efficient is worth it. Your customers are happy because they're getting faster support, and you're happy because you're not having to type as much - keeping your fingers happy(er).

We've also had a new module made for tickets. There's an 'Investigating' button which adds a pre-defined reply of our choice informing the customer that the ticket is being worked on and sets the ticket to 'In Progress' - all with one click.

Albeit these things only shave a few seconds off, but a second here and a second there all helps
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Pretty nice tweak. Applying right now.
    Appreciated Andrei.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    Yep, we've been doing this for quite some time.

At the end of the day, anything that you [as a provider] can do to optimize and make your support process more efficient is worth it. Your customers are happy because they're getting faster support, and you're happy because you're not having to type as much - keeping your fingers happy(er).

We've also had a new module made for tickets. There's an 'Investigating' button which adds a pre-defined reply of our choice informing the customer that the ticket is being worked on and sets the ticket to 'In Progress' - all with one click.

Albeit these things only shave a few seconds off, but a second here and a second there all helps
    That's seems interesting. Is it a paid module or a custom one? As i would love to get one for me lol
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►

We developed it ourselves as we weren't able to find anything on the market that did the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost View Post
    That's seems interesting. Is it a paid module or a custom one? As i would love to get one for me lol
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    We developed it ourselves as we weren't able to find anything on the market that did the job.
    We use predefined replies option for this purpose, but as you mentioned one click button, would you mind to share a bit more details in Private Message, so i can hire someone to develop one?
    ►►

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost View Post
    We use predefined replies option for this purpose, but as you mentioned one click button, would you mind to share a bit more details in Private Message, so i can hire someone to develop one?
    Here's my take on the 1 button 'investigating' reply, only it takes actually 2 buttons

Create a predefined reply, for my example the ID of this predefined reply is 1

Open this file with any text editor:
    "/admin/templates/v4/viewticket.tpl"

Find:
    Code:
    <a href="#" onclick="$('#ticketstatus').val('Closed');$('#ticketstatus').trigger('change');return false">{$_ADMINLANG.global.close}</a>
    Before it place this:
    Code:
    <a href="#" onclick="selectpredefreply('1');$('[name=postaction]').val('setstatus6');return false" style="color:#B02527">Investigating</a>&nbsp;
    If you want to use a different predefined reply ID change it here, in the code above: selectpredefreply('THE ID GOES HERE');

This tweak will add a second button located between ticket status drop-down and the 'Close' button, as shown here:
    http://prntscr.com/58a1tw

1st Click "Investigating" button: When that button is pressed it'll load your predefined reply into the ticket message box, it will change the option "Set to In Progress & Remain in Ticket View" in the drop down menu of actions to happen once you submit the reply.

2nd Click "Add Response" button: to submit your ticket reply.

Quite simple and easy to implement... I'm certainly sure the 1 click process can be done via Internal API or Hooks, but that would be harder to code and implement, I'll settle for 1 extra click for now... It surely is easier than the multitude of clicks to search for your predefined reply in the currently existing system of predefined replies.

Side Note: this method conflicts with the automatically adding client name in ticket reply that I describe in my first post, because the predefined reply is added on top of your already existing text from the message box, so you'll end up with the predefined reply being above the 'Hello Name,' part of the ticket.

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

That's seems interesting.
    Thanks Andrei.
    ►►

Hi,

do you modify it to work on six template ?

Quote Originally Posted by ttgt View Post
    Hi,

do you modify it to work on six template ?
    It works exactly the same on WHMCS 6 as well.

Hi,

do you try to also add contact(sub account)'s name ?