[apprisal] Three domains

How much would you par for a set of three domains:

PlanetWarsow.com
    PlanetWarsow.net
    PlanetWarsow.org

Warsow is a fast-paced FPS, it's becoming more and more popular.

Such websites already exist:
    www.PlanetAvP.com
    www.PlanetBattlefield.com
    www.PlanetCallOfDuty.com
    www.PlanetCounterStrike.com
    www.PlanetDoom.com
    www.PlanetDuke.com
    www.PlanetFarCry.com
    www.PlanetGTA.com
    www.PlanetHalfLife.com
    www.PlanetMedalOfHonor.com
    www.PlanetQuake.com
    www.PlanetRainbow6.com
    www.PlanetUnreal.com
    www.PlanetWolfenstein.com
    www.PlanetX-Men.com

Maybe it's about time for PlanetWarsow?

What do you think, shall I sell them right away? Or maybe their value will increase in the future?
    Last edited by fedey; 06-17-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Hmm a complicated one this, I would say about $110 but i am not sure of the popularity of warsow, and would need to learn more for an accurate guess, so range of 80USD-110USD

Don't sell them right away. The same company runs almost all the sites you listed. Wait until it gets bigger and bigger then see if they want to buy it. Don't let them off cheap though.

SlimSlyk, I was thinking about the same thing. However, they didn't buy planetfarcry.com or .org, and .net is still free. Instead they have PlanetFarCry website at planetfarcry.gamespy.com. I'll wait some time, maybe I'll optimise them in search engines and then we'll see...
    Last edited by fedey; 06-21-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Be careful... Buying a domain with a trademarked name in it can, unless done carefully, be a risk.

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be
    A Blog as CMS, eBay, PR, and Ads?
    My personal email: KGIII <at> KGIII <dot> INFO
    Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (Gł Solutions)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlyk
    Don't sell them right away. The same company runs almost all the sites you listed. Wait until it gets bigger and bigger then see if they want to buy it. Don't let them off cheap though.
    the same company probably does own all of the others. I do know they have hundreds of them. They have legit uses for them.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by KGIII
    Be careful... Buying a domain with a trademarked name in it can, unless done carefully, be a risk.
    What do you mean? What risk?

While this is a humor based link the fact is that it's a real case and was recently a topic in WHT...

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/671304.htm

If you want to do it clearly it must be shown that by no means is intended to compete with their trademark nor to be used for defamation.

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be
    Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (Gł Solutions)

I don't want to use these domains for defamation; I just want to sell them. And if they someone wants to sue me - go ahead... They can do it in Poland, in Polish Court of Law :-)

Oh no, they don't sue really. They just go through the process with ICANN and have it taken. I suppose it's for the best but, well, so far I've not had any taken from me.

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be

Quote Originally Posted by KGIII
    While this is a humor based link the fact is that it's a real case and was recently a topic in WHT...

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/671304.htm

If you want to do it clearly it must be shown that by no means is intended to compete with their trademark nor to be used for defamation.

KGIII
    I love that story - the fact that a cat had ownership of the domian - cracks me up every time.