Need recommendations for managed server with no control panel

I'm looking for companies who can provide a fully managed server (OS & security updates, proactive monitoring, good SLA) _without_ a control panel.

I have a client with a server at LiquidWeb, and they're great, but can't provide a managed server unless I have CPanel

The server will run a custom application that's accessed directly from PC clients over the 'net and also a custom application that hooks into apache with CGI (or something similar, don't know the tech specifics). It may be possible to do this on a CPanel server, but I don't want to risk it, especially as CPanel updates to apache and apache config could mess up how this application works, so I need a server with no control panel.

Looking for spec. and SLA similar to liquidweb.com/dedicated/configure/Webmaster/Plan1/

Budget in similar range (around $200/mo). Emphasis on uptime and proactive support and management as opposed to server spec.

Thanks for any info on companies/services that are suitable.

You want change the server specially for the CPanel??
    Would you like a exclusive Control panel for your server? FHbot is a excellent CP how variant

Sorry, I only speak English

You may also want to consider learning how to read it, before replying.

Sounds possible. Is the location of the server a main concern?
    Last edited by Commit1 Anthony; 12-06-2005 at 02:38 AM.

Can you give us more detail about the program? Like does it use lots of system resources and require more ram. Is their only a Certain OS it will run on? like does it have to be a Windows Server, or can it be linux. Then the most final thing is how much bandwidth DO YOU think you would need for this application.

This will give us a better standing on what you need so we can make some reconmendations, where the server and Datacenter will be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by munkay
    It may be possible to do this on a CPanel server, but I don't want to risk it, especially as CPanel updates to apache and apache config could mess up how this application works, so I need a server with no control panel.
    ... or maybe a server with a control panel that don't update everything by default? Most of the cheap_managed_providers offer or include server management services only if there is a control panel installed on the server, because it makes easier for the server to be managed.

Regards,
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!