Question Marketing, and advertising...

Okay if I spent $2,000.00 per month how many clients would you think that would bring in? Though I would be putting more then $2,000.00 in per month. This would be locally, and over the Internet.

To be more close it would be between $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 per month on advertising alone.

Also how do you figure out about buying clients? Would it be best just build up the company or just buy them? I know it matters how much each client is paying each month, and at what time of the month. Though how many months do you figure for the total price? Is it 6 months? Or is it 12 months?

Thanks
    I am back....

It all depends on a variety of factors:

1. What mediums of advertising are you thinking of?
    2. Who is your target market?

It really isn't an issue of how much you spend on advertising, it's how you advertise.

Really my main target is local businesses, local people that want websites. For the people online I would say businesses, and people who want a site.

Though I already know I am going to be advertising on the radio where I live. Only $250.00 per month for 5 times a day . I will also be advertising in the local newspaper, mountain trader, and flyers. I will have business cards, and will be traveling to other cities as well to target my market.

Though my prices are more of a high price compared to some hosts I would think that post in WHT. As an example of prices it would be

50 to 100 mb disk space
    1000 mb bandwidth
    $4.75

As well I will have in house support when I feel I can not keep up with the sales, and support emails. It is more, but I expect to have some of the better sales, and support staff.

Also I will have an office space prepared with my other business I have which will be in a 1950 sq feet room. Local customers will be able to come in to ask for support from 9 am - 5 pm. After that they can contact staff by email.

Just to give you a few ideas that I have in plan.

Thanks

Originally posted by Velostream
    It all depends on a variety of factors:

1. What mediums of advertising are you thinking of?
    2. Who is your target market?

It really isn't an issue of how much you spend on advertising, it's how you advertise.
    I am back....

That's actually a good question.

We spent 11k one year and got 7 new accounts out of it (eugh)

This year we spent exactly 80.00 on a half page ad (sponcership) on a kiddie hockey league booklet handed out at each game. The ad has run todate 3 times (season pretty much just started) and we got 8 new accounts (hosting and other services)

I'm convinced it's a crap shoot :\

heh

It depends on what type of advertising will bring you the highest ROI in the long run

The results of your ad campaign largely depend on where you advertise and how competitive your offer is. The more value you offer the higher your conversion/100 clicks.