* imountain initial review

(Sorry, for the lengthy review)

i just hopped off the HZ bandwagon, been having too many troubles lately. signed up with imountain, and it was evident that the quality of service and customer support was quite superior...

I emailed several hosts about information about their plans, and most of them gave me a cursory response, or offered minimal help; imountain was the first host that not only answered quite politely, but gave me very detailed answers to all my questions (it also helped that the email was professional... some hosts didn't even bother to format a proper letter, making them appear less polished and well-qualified). I emailed them somewhere between the ballpark of 5-6 times, and at no one point did I sense any annoyance or what not (it sounds counterintuitive to give attitude to potential customers, but I have gotten that from some hosts ironically), and encouraged my questions. I'm from Canada, and they didn't have any customers from here before; when I first contacted them about their plans, I was unaware that I was having network difficulties and asked them if their "slow" speed was typical for an east-coast user. They told me that it wasn't, then proceeded to say that they may not be the best host for me if the speeds were slow here. I'm quite surprised that they took my best interests into consideration... given that most of the hosts I've been dealing with have been overselling companies, that was a first . I did some speed tests around my area for them just as an FYI, and they told me to remind them of that email come christmas for a free month.

After I signed up, I got a personalized thank you email on top of the usual "your account information is blah blah blah". Tech support response time was pretty fast, and offered to help me migrate my sites for me (in addition to providing step by step instructions should I wish to do it myself). They provided periodic updates on how the transfer was going (at one point HZ's transfer was slow, and they informed me of that as well), then let me know when it was done. I had more than 3gb of data on my previous plan (3gb was my imountain account limit) which I completely forgot about, and after they transferred it, they sent me another message saying that I have exceeded the limit.
    So we've added 3 more Gigabytes for your use since you are students and we know money is better spent on books. We know there are companies out there that give you thousands of storage gigabytes but we find that kind of overselling very risky and leads to poor performance. We only sell/give what we have to give.
    (If I'm not supposed to post contents of support tickets, please remove) I don't even know what to say...I'm pretty much dumbfounded that they just gave me extra space like that (on top of me using a WHT coupon to lower prices... I feel like I'm taking advantage of them...)

And yes, the usual "speeds are fast, servers don't have any problems" also apply to them. Customer service however, is the best that I've encountered; they really go the extra mile to make things right for the customer. I really get the impression that they aren't just trying to satisfy the customer, they try hard to make their customers happy .

When searching for hosts, I had a few possible candidates on my plate... after emailing IM, my choice was very clear . Incredible customer service, quick tech support response times, and great non-oversold performance servers. I don't know what else to ask for

(who am I supposed to pm the domain to for verification again?)

Fated,

Excellent review, I'd recommend giving it a bit longer before posting another though. 3-6 months should give you a good idea about their service.

As far as domain verification, you can either post it in the thread or here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk/

Enjoy!

imountain really knows how to treat its customers.
    semi-retired

Glad to see that you are happy with them. Recently, I have seen more positive reviews on them and I am sure that this will be helpful for someone who is looking a new host.

Wish you a pleasant stay.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Thanks for sharing your in-depth review.
    WebHostingReviews.com (Established 1999)
    Web Hosting Customers: Happy or unhappy with your host? Let others know on our web site.
    Web Hosting Companies: Drive traffic to your site by getting listed in ours.

Yea, iMountain goes for customer satisfaction and will go an extra mile to make customers happy
    (Yes, another happy customer right here)
    Got Fused?

Wonderful review. So often all we ever hear about is the bad. This is so refreshing. Please be sure to write another in six months or so. Good luck!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Nice, detailed review. Here's to things continuing like this!

I have had a similar experience with iMountain. Excellent host.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=637532

Greetings Fated (and other iMountain'ers)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your opinions about our service. As it was not me that helped you, I had a nice laugh when I saw the books story. I certainly agree that getting an education is priceless.

To our colleagues, your graciousness speaks highly of your professionalism and I look forward to seeing great reviews on your services.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.