Akamai CDN at 10c/gb: Worlds best CDN at worlds best price

**Taking Pre-Orders - FREE setup, and 10c/gb**

UK2Group.com has signed a unique deal with Akamai enabling us to offer you the world class Akamai network at extremely low prices.

Akamai is the preferred partner for the worlds largest websites and streaming services, in fact Akamai handles 20% of the world's total Web traffic!
    Here is a list of some of their clients.

For example, software updates for Microsoft, or virus updates for Symantic. Yahoo uses Akamai to run their DNS service. Apple uses Akamai for realtime streaming of Quicktime and Itunes (!!). And the FBI uses Akamai to deliver all its content on fbi.gov through Akamai.

Today Akamai has roughly 65,000 servers (was 40,000 servers last summer). There are 1450 points of presence (POPs), 950 networks or ISPs in 67 countries.

From 30,000 domains Akamai serves 1.1 terabytes per second, 6,419 terabytes per day. That’s 274 billion hits per day to 274 million unique client addresses per day.

In September of 1999 Microsoft and Akamai formed a strategic relationship to incorporate Windows Media technology in Akamai's FreeFlow service, as well as to facilitate the porting of the FreeFlow product to the Windows platform. This relationship also still exists to this day.

Other customers include Amazon.com, Adobe Systems, J. C. Penney, and Yahoo!

In June 2008, The NewsMarket teamed with Akamai to accelerate dynamic content and applications to global media ahead of the Beijing Olympics.

The BBC iPlayer uses Akamai to stream its recorded and live programmes, focussed through an XML Playlist.

The website of China Central Television (CCTV.com), along with all contents and video streaming, is being hosted on Akamai’s edge servers since late 2009.

Even American Idol is powered by Akamai!

Akamai is the top dog, the big cahuna, the rolls royce of CDN's.
    The recent study from Yankee Group placed Akamai as a clear number one, and now - for the first time ever - Akamai will be available to the mass market, with easy instant setup, full access to the Akamai control panel, and at crazy low prices:

Setup fee: $ 0.00
    Monthly fee: $ 0.00
    Cost per GB: $ 0.10

Our Akamai solution features Object Delivery and Media Streaming.

Check out the Akamai Performance Comparison - it's pretty cool.

Our deal is totally pay-as-you-go, with a minimum order for $100/1TB. We are taking pre-orders now, and we expect that we are able to deploy the first accounts early next week.

Email sales@vps.net with "WHT-Akamai-PreOrder" in the subject line to get on board. Note: We can accept 100 clients only at this time.

The first 100 accounts were sold in no time to VPS.NET clients, and we will only take 100 clients more in the first batch on a first-come-first-served basis.

This is a unique deal that will shake the premium CDN market - we have been working on it for months and months, and we can't wait to see how the market will react.

Questions? Feel free to write me directly: ditlev@UK2group.com or sales@vps.net!

Best,

Ditlev
    Last edited by eming; 02-01-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Link formatting!
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Thanks for your emails thus far, I can see a short FAQ would make sense:

Q: I can see you sell Highwinds CDN at: https://www.vps.net/cdn-signup, are you going to replace that with Akamai?
    A: No, we plan to have two CDN products, "Highwinds Value CDN at 5c/gb" and "Akamai Premium CDN at 10c/gb". There is a world of difference between the two, but they are both justified in different user cases.

Q: How much do you charge for storage on Akamai?
    A: Storage is free and unlimited. So, what ever you are pulling from your own server to Akamai is covered by the traffic cost of 10c/gb.

Q: Can i buy Akamai from you without hosting my site with you?
    A: Yes, you can setup Akamai to pull your content from any origin, even if it is not hosted by UK2Group.com

Q: Do you have a network map showing Akamai's network layout?
    A: No, and there is honestly no point. Akamai is everywhere - they have more than 1400 pops world wide.

Q: What is the setup time?
    A: We expect to setup the first accounts in the beginning of next week as we are still working with Akamai to get everything ready. In 3 weeks our API's will be fully integrated with theirs, and setup would be instant.

Q: When will I be charged?
    A: We will charge you when we set you up. So, there is no downpayment needed when pre-ordering.

Q: Will prices stay this low?
    A: As I am sure you can imagine our commits to Akamai are pretty extreme, so we are very focused on getting those covered asap. That is why we have priced this so low. We hope to keep prices at this level, but we can only guarantee current prices to those prepaying.

Q: How do I setup my account?
    A: You will get full access to the actual Akamai control panel. Setup is very easy, a 5 min job, and your account should be fully propagated within a few hours.

Q: Can I resell your Akamai deal?
    A: Well, we give you access to the Akamai control panel, and there is nothing stopping you from passing on that access to a client of yours. But we have no reseller strategy, and we have no prices lower than 10c/gb. The cheapest listed price we've seen for Akamai anywhere is $2.50/gb, so there should be plenty of margin for you as well.

Q: If I buy a gazillion TB's, can I get a lower price?
    A: Ya, if you buy a gazillion, perhaps - but do not ask if you buy anything less than 200tb/mo.

Any other questions: Ditlev@uk2group.com

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    Q: What is the setup time?
    A: We expect to setup the first accounts in the beginning of next week as we are still working with Akamai to get everything ready. In 3 weeks our API's will be fully integrated with theirs, and setup would be instant.
    Any plans to integrate into the VPS API Ditlev?
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Benjamin View Post
    Any plans to integrate into the VPS API Ditlev?
    Yep - definitely. 3-4 weeks out...
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Excellent
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Quote Originally Posted by nickn View Post
    Yep - definitely. 3-4 weeks out...
    We are talking here about VPS.net, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hosteur View Post
    We are talking here about VPS.net, right?
    Yes. VPS.NET is offering Akamai
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Yes. VPS.NET is offering Akamai
    Thanks, Nick, I might seriouly consider to buy a node and starting playing with your API...

Quote Originally Posted by hosteur View Post
    Thanks, Nick, I might seriouly consider to buy a node and starting playing with your API...
    As much as you've been on our forum, I hoped you were already seriously considering it
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

As much as you've been on our forum, I hoped you were already seriously considering it
    Oh, I was there grabbing infos before joing your big family...

Well, can't resist, just signin ( #24319321 ) for my first node with your guys...

Whoa, so quick, already got the welcome mail!... impressed...
    Last edited by hosteur; 02-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Sound really great, sent an email!

When you say Object delivery are you talking about Large object, small Object, or both? They have VERY different requirements. Is this suitable for 10k GIF's and Jpegs? Will small objects be using Edgesuite? If so, Bravo to you giving such an incredibly low price. Actually even if it is only large object still kudos to you for such al.ow price with for for small customers.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCrowley View Post
    When you say Object delivery are you talking about Large object, small Object, or both? They have VERY different requirements. Is this suitable for 10k GIF's and Jpegs? Will small objects be using Edgesuite? If so, Bravo to you giving such an incredibly low price. Actually even if it is only large object still kudos to you for such al.ow price with for for small customers.
    yes, both small and large objects. All static objects actually - and streaming. Ping me (ditlev@uk2group.com) if you want details
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Does this include DSA? (Dynamic Site Acceleration)

You should probably email ditlev, this thread is old.
    AS395558