Anybody use VPSByte?

Hi guys, I am happy with my current host (SolarVPS) and also have some kind of liking for Futurehosting.
    I have just seen some really good offers for VPS from VPSByte and was considering hosting a friends sites with them.
    But because I have no experience with them, I'd like to know whether there are any VPSByte customers here and what your experiences are with them, good and bad.

What I want to know is in these criteria:
    - Speed (I've tested and it seems OK because my Friend is in US),
    - Performance,
    - Stability,
    - Support (How newbie-friendly are they because my friend is more of a newbie than myself)

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried doing a google search perhaps: "futurehosting review" ?

Also do a search here on WHT for both hosts.

I was with Futurehosting for about 2 months when i was there it was great.

- Speed > they offer download speed test files.
    - Performance > Server was fast never had a error!
    - Stability > With the 2 months never had downtime!
    - Support > Fast and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WarmWebHost View Post
    Also do a search here on WHT for both hosts.

I was with Futurehosting for about 2 months when i was there it was great.

- Speed > they offer download speed test files.
    - Performance > Server was fast never had a error!
    - Stability > With the 2 months never had downtime!
    - Support > Fast and helpful
    Hello,

Very good, But this company have anti DDos protection on all vps?

Quote Originally Posted by deutschland View Post
    Hello,

Very good, But this company have anti DDos protection on all vps?
    FutureHosting is based out of SoftLayer, and yes SoftLayer does provide DDoS protection generally to their servers such as the ones that FH has with them.

They [SoftLayer] do charge extra for their Cisco hardware firewall setup, but I'm not sure if FH has that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
    Hi guys, I am happy with my current host (SolarVPS) and also have some kind of liking for Futurehosting.
    I have just seen some really good offers for VPS from VPSByte and was considering hosting a friends sites with them.
    But because I have no experience with them, I'd like to know whether there are any VPSByte customers here and what your experiences are with them, good and bad.
    I was with VPSByte for half a month. Ignore them. They can't even assure connectivity of their main site...

Now, I'm with buyavps (very short time), too short to make an opinion, but so far I'm positively surprised. They have very low load on their servers, so in terms of CPU I'm almost like on a dedicated, but for 20 bucks a month

Quote Originally Posted by Chris12345 View Post
    I was with VPSByte for half a month. Ignore them. They can't even assure connectivity of their main site...

Now, I'm with buyavps (very short time), too short to make an opinion, but so far I'm positively surprised. They have very low load on their servers, so in terms of CPU I'm almost like on a dedicated, but for 20 bucks a month
    Can you provide a valid domain you had with us? I was unable find you in our system from your name. It seems your only the few who like buyavps which makes this review kind of fishy.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Well I don't know about that guy but I've used VPSByte for quite some time and never had any issues. Had NO CLUE what I was doin when I started but the support team walked me through it and helped me get my site set up. They helped me get used to the new interface (as to the fact I've never used LXAdmin), and the site's never had downtime for me... It's been pretty good and I like the service. The support is great too.

- Speed > Pretty good on the latest server upgrade. I got up to 1.2 Mb/s
    - Performance > Never had a slow page load. DDos protected so it's good.
    - Stability > 100%
    - Support > Really good and patient. Never had a problem they didn't help me work out. Even includes tutorials on their WHM knowledgebase to set up stuff on your VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
    ...I've used VPSByte for quite some time ...
    you recently just posted how you loved anchorvps, then a few weeks later retracted that statement and now you're saying you've been with VPSByte for "quite some time". Hours? Days?

No actually I've hosted other sites on a seperate server I had with VPSByte. I just had to move a bunch from AnchorVPS to VPSByte because of the mixup.

Quote Originally Posted by VPSByte View Post
    Can you provide a valid domain you had with us? I was unable find you in our system from your name. It seems your only the few who like buyavps which makes this review kind of fishy.
    I don't rember the exact domain, since it was a temporary one, but these are tickets IDs:Ticket ID 646254
    Ticket ID 151103

I understand that I could be the only one who was unlucky and got a crappy server while all the others are perfect. Bad luck. But when a link like https://my.vpsbyte.com/submitticket.php timeouts, then it is a bit too much. I find it kind of fishy when a hosting company can not make sure that their primary domain (vpsbyte.com) is online and still gets positive reviews.

I don't rember the exact domain, since it was a temporary one, but these are tickets IDs:Ticket ID 646254
    Ticket ID 151103

I understand that I could be the only one who was unlucky and got a crappy server while all the others are perfect. Bad luck. But when a link like https://my.vpsbyte.com/submitticket.php timeouts, then it is a bit too much. I find it kind of fishy when a hosting company can not make sure that their primary domain (vpsbyte.com) is online and still gets positive reviews.
    The above link loads within seconds for me. You may want to check your own connection, as no one else is having issues with anything on our site.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

I don't know about the main site, but honestly i won't reccomend them, i've tried to be understanding, i've waited a lot of time to have my problems solved, more than any reasonable person will, but i'm sorry their network is simply not reliable.

Of course this maybe out of their control, i don't want to bash anyone without understanding the situation: the host machine performance are good, i guess they're not overselling or such, good speed, good memory availability, and good prices, but ... hey their network seems not dependable to me.

Some days ago something happened to my server or network, now i have since a week a 30-50% packet loss and speed not exceeding 1kb/s, and they weren't yet able to resolve the issue.
    They've answered to my support ticket "we have network problems, we are working on it" then nothing more for several days and i still have the problem, my vps is useless : while i understand that something bad can happen out of their control, the bottom line is that i can't use the server.

So well, i've read positive reviews, maybe it's just a coincidence of bad things happening to me, but still .. i won't reccomend them and i'm moving on if the things doesn't get fixed asap.
    More than 1 week offline is not something that everyone can afford.

I was going to pick up a VPS from VPSByte about 6 months ago. I did a search here on WHT and this is what I found:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=559974

I decided not to go with them due to the IM chat that was posted. I would rather go with a company that is better off financially. When my server needs an upgrade I would rather not wait for my provider to ask his parents for money to do the upgrade.

I personally have no experience with FutureHosting. Just thought you would like to read this post before making your decision.

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

Before you read any further please understand that I am in no way attacking VPSByte. I do know them or anything about them other than what I have read here on WHT. Having said that,

I just tried to go to their site to see what plans they offered now. The site was having a really hard time loading and eventually timed out. I ran 50 pings to the main IP and this was the result.

--- vpsbyte.com ping statistics ---
    50 packets transmitted, 35 packets received, 30% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 67.748/79.909/120.411/13.301 ms

I hope they get a chance to take care of their current issue soon.

Their provider (http://www.iinet.com/) seems to be responding fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroTech04 View Post
    I just tried to go to their site to see what plans they offered now. The site was having a really hard time loading and eventually timed out. I ran 50 pings to the main IP and this was the result.

--- vpsbyte.com ping statistics ---
    50 packets transmitted, 35 packets received, 30% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 67.748/79.909/120.411/13.301 ms

I hope they get a chance to take care of their current issue soon.
    Just to confirm you that this is not a temporary issue. VPSbyte is suffering a huge packet loss and slowness since a week, at least.

I've a vps there and i can assure that: average speed less than 1kb/s and huge packet loss.

Don't know where exactly is the problem, but i'm glad that someone else is noticing, means i'm not crazy.

Sad to hear. Even worse is the fact that we have not yet heard from VPSByte on the situation.

Sad to hear. Even worse is the fact that we have not yet heard from VPSByte on the situation.
    We have been replying to all tickets & emails regarding this issue - I did not see the latest replys to this thread until today.

We are fully aware of the packet loss issue as it is only effecting one of our nodes. All dedicated server, colo, and most vps customers are not being effected by this issue. Our main site is hosted on the node which is having packet loss, which is causing this issue to look worse than it actually is.

Good to hear it is localized. I guess customers should just open tickets to get an update on the issue. Best of luck to you.

Good to hear it is localized. I guess customers should just open tickets to get an update on the issue. Best of luck to you.
    Oh well, i'll simply switch provider.

Who cares if the issue is localized on just 1 node and the website ?

A provider not able to provide a response in a timely fashion, leaving even just ONE customer offline for MORE THAN ONE WEEK for me should be out of business.

How can you be sure you'll never be "that single, unrelevant, unfortunate" customer ? That's why i won't reccomend vps-byte at all.