Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vpsbyte.com

vpsbyte.com

Is anyone else having problems with vpsbyte? I have 2 vps servers with them which are offline and their own website is also down

Yes, its down...their entire network. But their datacenter IINET.com is fine (though its not on the same IP class). I have a dedi server from them.

My dedi box is also down...4+ hours now.

Almost 8 hours now.

Yeah this has been long. I'm glad I don't use them for anything particularly important.

I use it for our off network support site so that if we have any problems on our main network, customers can still contact us. Bit ironic that the worst downtime we have is with the VPS we use for that!

First X1 now VPSByte...

Hello Everyone,

This is a network issue out of our hands, and the datacenter has to take care of it themselves. I have already went there and checked all our equipment, everything is running fine and dandy. It is most likely a router issue on their end, however I do not have access to that cage to fix it. I am awaiting their reply on the tech they sent out to look into it.

I apologize all for the downtime, this is the first downtime we have had since we started, and we don't plan on making this a weekly routine.

It is back up now - and to be fair this is the first time I've known any downtime with VPSByte/SelectByte.

Well, I don't see it online yet...though vpsbyte.com is resolving and pinging now. Neither their website nor our servers are back online as of now. My server IP is not even pinging.

Check this url:
    network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=httphead&host=vpsbyte.com

No headers downloaded or timeout

My dedicated server is still down and no replies to my emails?

Vpsbyte.com and Selectbyte.com are both online now... waiting for our server to come online, its not pinging yet.

Well, since their own servers came back online just about 10-15 mins back, so edenapple I would say your emails didn't reach them; and when they do (retrying mailserver) then will also be flooded with other user emails as well. I wouldn't expect a fast reply considering their own sites were offline as well.

I've noted the duration since I was working when the servers went offline and we are now over 12 hours down.

Quote Originally Posted by edenapple
    My dedicated server is still down and no replies to my emails?
    We didn't recieve your email. Please PM me your ip and we will send a tech down to get you up.

Quote Originally Posted by techcentric
    Well, since their own servers came back online just about 10-15 mins back, so edenapple I would say your emails didn't reach them; and when they do (retrying mailserver) then will also be flooded with other user emails as well. I wouldn't expect a fast reply considering their own sites were offline as well.

I've noted the duration since I was working when the servers went offline and we are now over 12 hours down.
    Is your server back? If not, please also PM me your ip. I am aware of 1 server offline, everyone else is back, so if you are also down get in contact with me asap.

If anyone has any further questions please do not hesitate to call our support toll free (option 2): 1-877-924-3828
    Last edited by HostingFuze; 02-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectByte
    ... and we don't plan on making this a weekly routine.
    Almost a month to the day and it's down again. You're not making it a monthly routine instead are you?

Hey, you never know...they might just Upgrade on their downtime offer and make it a weekly routine.

My dedi box is down for 2+ hours as far as I am aware...though might be longer.

Yep, I'm offline as well.

It appears to have been down for several hours. I checked earlier this morning after receiving a set of '10's' on a review for them.

They were long dead by then as well according to the monitors!

Just under 5 hours now

Is SelectByte going to post here just to let us know whats going on?

my VPS is also down, wonder how much time it'll be this time ;o

Hello Everyone,

Early morning we had a scheduled switch maintenance which required some updates on it as well as some configuration. The switch did not like the new configuration and caused it to not respond. We had to totally reset the switch and configure each port one by one all over again. The servers are not down, so if you had anything running while the network dropped off it will return as in the previous state (just the network dropped). I do apologize for the inconvenience, when the servers come back online please start a ticket with us so we can give you credit for the downtime towards the next month.

Thanks,
    Camron

Perhaps you would consider putting up a page somewhere not on your network so that you don't just completley disapear off the net when these things happen.

A simple statement saying that mantenence will be/is happening, and then a simple update should something go wrong is all that is needed.

As I said in a post during last months outage, that is what we do, (we actually host our support system off net,) and ironically it is that site that we host with you and has been down more in 2 months than our main servers have in 5 years!
    Last edited by tullnet; 03-26-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by tullnet
    Perhaps you would consider putting up a page somewhere not on your network so that you don't just completley disapear off the net when these things happen.

A simple statement saying that mantenence will be/is happening, and then a simple update should something go wrong is all that is needed.

As I said in a post during last months outage, that is what we do, (we actually host our support system off net,) and ironically it is that site that we host with you and has been down more in 2 months than our main servers have in 5 years!
    I completely understand your concerns. We do offer phone support, in case of issues like this. If you have any concerns or questions, we are available at 1-877-924-3828. The recent downtimes have not been acceptable, and I completely understand that. The last 2 outages are actually our first outages since we started, but we do want to maintain a strong reputation. These issues will be fixed and we will put up a page off-site with our network status as you requested.

Thanks,
    Camron

I just confirmed with the techs the last 3 servers just came back online. If anyone has any questions, give us a call at 1-877-924-3828.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast