Europe (Amsterdam) HostingCon 2014

Howdy!

I can't find a thread about upcoming HostingCon in Amsterdam. Does anyone plan moving there?

It will take me more than a day to get there, not sure if it is supposed to be super awesome. Did European version take place last year too?

I think the Australian, European and Indian ones are new ventures from iNet. Haven't heard anyone talking about the Australian one, however, the European and Indian seems to be in partnership with ResellerClub.

ResellerClub had previously been partners with WHD for their events in India. I met iNet CEO Troy @ WHD.India 2013 and he had mentioned partnership with ResellerClub for upcoming Hostingcon.India and it seems they are working out the same equation in Europe.

Hm, that is interesting. WHD will take place on the 1st of October in Amsterdam.

HostingCon will take place on 14th-15th of October. If you search for "resellerclub Hostingcon" - you will see that they are really partners for HostingCon in Shanghai, Amsterdam and Mumbai.

I wonder if it is worth it. Prices are lower than for the Global one.

wow.. I did not know about China.

I wanted to know how it went at Hostingcon.Australia, but I never got any replies on this very same forum, which would indicate that it wasn't as good as the global one.

I attended RChosting Summit in India and it was pretty much similar to the one they hosted with WHD. Also attended WHD.Dubai and never saw a difference in pattern. All entries are free and you will see a hell lot of people there.. some even roaming around with resumes to find a job.

So, the bottom line is... if you plan to network, you will need to find out who you want to meet and schedule accordingly and it does not matter which conference. If you want to learn, Hostingcon gives you a better opportunity. Yet again, having attended 4 Hostingcons' I will have to confess that the number of people who repeats themselves with a FULL PASS at Hostingcon is getting slim.

Ideally, you will find some good people everywhere and yes, I am looking forward to Hostingcon Europe.

I've never been to HostingCon, but plan to attend it next year in US.

Anyway, Amsterdam would be a good start for me, will see how it goes.

As to WHD and free entry - yes, freebies attract people, and I do agree that events much cost money, so only those who are really interested attend.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-image View Post
    wow.. I did not know about China.

I wanted to know how it went at Hostingcon.Australia, but I never got any replies on this very same forum, which would indicate that it wasn't as good as the global one.
    Hey linux-image,

I attended the HostingCon Australia Symposium this year and last year.

This year saw an increase of about double the amount of people compared to last year. Around 40 people. Now I realize it is nothing like the size of the hosting event, but that is not really what I like about this event.

Though still small event, it does allow for some great in-depth discussions both during the talks, and during the breaks and drinks at the end.

We had some great talks from a mix of hosting companies and vendors. The general subjects area's were about the evolving industry, cloud (as usual!), and adapting your business to the changing market.

Australia (imo) does not have the best eco system for events like this as often staff from different companies don't like to "share" information as such. However I think this recent event was a big step in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Glad to know, and hopefully I will be able to make it to AUS next time

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ross-crucial View Post
    Hey linux-image,

Australia (imo) does not have the best eco system for events like this as often staff from different companies don't like to "share" information as such. However I think this recent event was a big step in the right direction.
    I would visit Australia as many other people would like to! Anyway, yes, tickets are expensive and if the event is small, people usually don't want to spend much money.

I live in Europe and hope that the one in Amsterdam will be a big event, since many people are ont going to US because of long distance and they wish to get some experience and probably a little bit fun.

Will decide shortly if I go, still thinking...

I will actually be in Amsterdam in 14 days and will be staying during the time that the convention is happening.

Does anyone know if there is a free-pass or is it registration only?

Quote Originally Posted by Kihi View Post
    I will actually be in Amsterdam in 14 days and will be staying during the time that the convention is happening.

Does anyone know if there is a free-pass or is it registration only?
    I guess it's registration only.
    --

At least we'll be attending this year. And next year we'll go for the US one

I do not see Amsterdam on the WHD site. Anyone has a link where I can get information about it?
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net || https://www.mxv.net ||

Ah yea, its the local one. Got it now. Thanks
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net || https://www.mxv.net ||

Here's a coupon code that you can use for ResellerClub Presents HostingCon Europe - 60034912

It will save you €40 off a VIP Pass or €10 off a Standard Pass.

http://europe.hostingcon.com/

Hi,

I am attending HostingCon.Europe Amsterdam Oct 14, 15. Anybody else?
    Ideamine Technologies
    http://www.ideaminetech.com, sales(a)ideaminetech.com
    Server Management|Outsourced WebHosting Support| Managed Cloud Services

We will be attending HostingCon Europe as well. I hope its going to be a good show
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.