Multiple domains

I have about 10 sites of my own that are currently on a budget reseller plan that is just to restrictive in terms of resource usage so it's time to think about upgrading or moving elsewhere.

Most reseller plans of any worth seem to be starting around the $25 mark per month which is more than I am looking to spend in this case closer to half that would be better at the moment.

Now for the big question, should I find another reseller account as I do prefer having the domains in seperate cpanel accounts or go the obviously more economical route and go for an account with addon domains.

My concern with the addons is more seo related than anything else as one host in the past that I had a few sites set up as addons was bringing up some very mixed search engine results, google in particular.

When searching for domain1.com it would also bring up domains 2,3,4 and so on in the same results even though the sites where not linked or related in any way other than being on the same server account as addon's.

My question, is this common for addon domains or could this have been a configuration issue with the previous host?

Thankyou to those that took the time to read this long winded rant.

Quote Originally Posted by squire7
    . . . Now for the big question, should I find another reseller account as I do prefer having the domains in seperate cpanel accounts or go the obviously more economical route and go for an account with addon domains.
    Definently keep with the seperate cpanel accounts, as that is superior than one cpanel account with addon domains.
    My question, is this common for addon domains or could this have been a configuration issue with the previous host?
    That seems to be a default characteristic of addon domains. They are very secondary when compared to "seperate cpanel accounts", which is what you have now.
    Thankyou to those that took the time to read this long winded rant.
    No worries. Welcome to WHT.

i am at rackslash.com and I can add up to 10 additional domains. and I pay less than $10 a month. is this what you are talking out?

but now that ive learned how to read, please forgive me.

I would stay with the seperate control panel access method. The extra control you wil get may be worth the extra few dollars.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

yes, agreed on the reseller platform, much more flexibility with resources as well.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

Separate control panel is best. But in my view if you use nameserver rather than forwarding your domain to your addon domains then it gives less problems regarding SEO.
    Depends how much you wana spend but way round can be found of every problem in hosting world. all we need is little bit of passion and patience.

Wish you best of luck.
    Thanks

A budget account at resellerzoom.com might be what you want. Its inexpensive and you will be able to have seperate cpanel accounts. The servers aren't as stable as their advanced accounts (I have one of those) but you will have good uptime and overall performace. If these sites aren't mission critical then it might be a good fit for the price. good luck.

Thanks for the replys everyone, the account I have at the moment is resellerzooms budget account, this is a good account for basic html sites and the support has been excellent the only down side to it has been the lack of resources as I can't even get a backup of the db on one of my sites, it's to big so I have been informed be the tech's.

There's also another script I had been trying to set up but it times out before it is at 25% of populating the db as needed, the odd thing is that I have had no problems doing these same tasks on a test (subfolder) account I have elsewhere that is only $30 a year!

So since I have seen some good deals in terms of disk space (7g), bandwidth (70g) and addon domains and possibly on more resource friendly servers that might suit my needs I am very curious as to the seo effect of addon domains over seperate cpanel accounts.

Thanks.

If you upgrade your RZ account to the Advanced or higher packages you should notice the difference. But depending on how much of that disk space and bandwidth you do really use per month you could find many hosts within your budget.
    Web Request - Shared / Reseller / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated
    Multiple Domain Hosting .... 24/7 Technical Support - UK Website

Crazyfish touches on an excellent point – quality!

For those of us who have 10-20 domains to manage but need exceptional quality for business sites, is there any resource for finding a reseller hosting vendor? I’ve been looking for a new vendor on and off for months but every hosting company - and nearly all the hosting review sites – seem to focus almost exclusively on price.

For me, cheap, crappy hosting is way too EXPENSIVE.
    Unlimited domains and a gazillion GB of disk space for $1.99 are completely useless if:

1) the site is down

2) the site is slow and/or your server is so oversold that you effectively don’t get the service you’re promised

3) you spend hours (or days!) trying to get tech support to fix something

4) your email gets blocked by half the companies on the planet because some loser living in his parents’ basement decides to blacklist every IP address at your hosting company – including yours even though your company never sends spam

A Quality Hosting Odyssey:
    I started in 1996 with HostPro – they were great until Interland bought and ruined them. When I couldn’t stand Interland’s horrible service and terrible control panel anymore, I moved to Verio. Verio had great service, a wonderful control panel, and stellar reliability, but when half my clients couldn’t receive my email due to wholesale IP-block blacklisting, I simply couldn’t continue to use them. I tried GoDaddy – big mistake! – and nearly had an apoplectic fit trying to make my scripts work properly and configuring their evil shopping cart. A few months ago I finally gave up and bought my own server, but now I’m at the mercy of my IT guy and keep having to fight off hackers.

I’m willing to pay a reasonable fee for great service. Isn’t there any reseller hosting company that focuses on value instead of price – especially one with some plans in the $30-$100 range?

MarketingChick take a look at www.httpme.com
    Web Request - Shared / Reseller / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated
    Multiple Domain Hosting .... 24/7 Technical Support - UK Website

ResellerZoom offers a good service with excellent support for about $25 a month, thats more than I was hoping to spend but you may be interested in it.