Thread: Aletra Down?

* Aletra Down?

Anyone else notice that Alertra http://www.alertra.com is down? Having the site that does my uptime monitoring down does sortof qualify as irony.

So who watches the watchers?

Yes we noticed they were down about two hours ago, Hopefully they will be up soon
    '
    Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants

I was just thinking the same thing, anmhosting: "What irony .."
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Re: Aletra Down?

Originally posted by anmhosting
    Anyone else notice that Alertra http://www.alertra.com is down? Having the site that does my uptime monitoring down does sortof qualify as irony.

So who watches the watchers?
    They are still down too... it's lucky I moved to Nagios on a Rackspace network . But to give Alertra credit, they sure have had very good uptime during the past year, this seems to be a rare occasional downtime. Does anyone know why they are down?

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

They are back up

Originally posted by anmhosting
    They are back up
    Down here.

maybe they needs a uptime monitor. hehehe

Looks like down.
    For Resellers, Designers, Entrepreneurs.
    Featuring Cpanel 6 | WebHost Manager | Online Stats | Pre-Installed Scripts | Unlimited Domain Hosting | *** 24-Hour Support | info@PositiveHost.com | http://www.PositiveHost.com

Well, they were up for a bit. bummer.

Down here still too.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

I noticed it was down first, but I did not post anything here....

I was hearing a lot about them monitoring servers, so I decided to see who they were. They were down. What irony, and just my luck.

EDIT: Still down, BTW.

Unfortunately, the company hosting our DNS has been down all day off and on. We're in the process of moving it to a more reliable company, but as you know that takes time. We are still monitoring however - this outage only affects access to our web site.

I have enjoyed the comments about us needing a monitoring service. :-) In this case, it's not a matter of us not knowing about it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nitecoder
    Unfortunately, the company hosting our DNS has been down all day off and on. We're in the process of moving it to a more reliable company, but as you know that takes time. We are still monitoring however - this outage only affects access to our web site.

I have enjoyed the comments about us needing a monitoring service. :-) In this case, it's not a matter of us not knowing about it.

Thanks.
    good luck

I always thought they were fake in the way they were promoting the service...

Originally posted by tandem
    I always thought they were fake in the way they were promoting the service...
    ? What?

Read up a little bit to their response and i think it will take away what doubt you have... unless i am just taking this completley wrong.. then i apologize
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

I think their service is pretty good, actually. And they have a good rep.

We all know about things going down from time to time, and sometimes staying down for awhile

It is good to know they are still pinging away though

Originally posted by nitecoder

Stuff happens sometimes and you've just got to grin and bear it.

I really don't see why folks could think that just because your site was unavailable, that the monitoring was also non-functional.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Alertra has been great the last year. They have not missed a downtime for any of our competitors. (What, you don't monitor your competitors networks? Makes for a nice thing to point to for current and potential clients.)

Seriously, their service is outstanding for the price, and their redundant checking is just that, redundant and reliable.

- John C.

I agree... Alertra have monitoring stations situated around the world, so I would say they are 100% redundant for their monitoring system. Websites do go down sometimes, it's just the way things go in real life. Overall, Alertra are still a very good and strong company.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator