Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by RajanUrs
    Its time US did more than apologise or punish......probably a better education for the politicians and soldiers is a good idea to start with. Probably all countries need to...

U.S. apologetic over Okinawa rape

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9509/japan_rape/index.html

US shuns Vietnam war claims

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3206180.stm

Soldiers told the newspaper they had severed ears from the dead, stringing them on shoelaces to wear around their necks, and had dropped grenades into bunkers where children and women were taking refuge.

But a Pentagon statement said the case was more than 30 years old and there was no new or compelling evidence to justify reopening it.

An earlier investigation had been closed in 1975, even though it had established that members of the unit had committed war crimes.

yes - and I am not going to get into it - but there is well docuemnted massive abuses in war and out of war by all countries - japan, china, india, pakistan, germany, england, iraq, iran, africa countries, etc ,etc ,etc

this is not just a us thing.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Originally posted by COOLASU
    Its so easy to blame america for everything. Damn i am american i guess i will start blaming Mexico for all my problems. It is really sad when people that are not even involved and standing on the sideline start to pass judgement on america. Grow some balls and join the war on terror, what happens when they bomb your country next. I bet you all will have a different perspective. I dont feel sorry for the iraqi soldiers when i see on tv how they treat prisoners. I would rather be striped naked and laughed at then to have my neck slashed.

C'mon people war is hell and this is the uglyness of it. Get off your high horses

Peace and hair grease
    You put all Americans to Shame. I'm embarassed that you're an American.

America isn't just a country, we're more than a country. We made ourselves very powerful, and with power, we chose to make the world a better place. Except, we tend to do it by stepping on other people's toes. We have a responbility to the world to be "peace makers".

Ok so the iraqi soliders mistreated their own people, so that gives us the right to do it ot them? We have more dignity than that.

And when you say "when they bomb your country next", well put yourself in an iraqi persons shoes. What if one day you are minding your own business, enjoying the sun with your family and all of a sudden American Jets start bombing your city and kill your family. You're the one passing judgement on Iraq assuming everyone in iraq is a terrosist and wants to bomb the U.S or another country . Iraq didn't attack the U.S, the U.S. attacked Iraq.

Get off your high horse and realize that our war with iraq isn't because of 9-11.. it's ebcause Bushie is finishing his daddy's work.

You're ignorance is why a lot of people dislike the U.S.

It would seem that there is much more to this then just an incident involving only a few soldiers.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=5072036

Just for the record since it hasn't been pointed out yet...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Six soldiers have been criminally charged in the case and six others have been reprimanded, with two of those relieved of duty, Rumsfeld has said.
    Rumsfeld plans to address such questions by bringing with him to Capitol Hill a poster-sized blowup of a news release issued January 16 on an investigation of prisoner abuse in Iraq, a Pentagon official told CNN.
    All of the photos shown are not dated. We have no idea when they were taken and when the charges and reprimands were handed out.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

bottom line - its not usually one group that can be tagged in whole - there are usually several idiots who put a black mark on the group they are associated with.

anyone who would argue that this make the entire military responsible is silly.

no on another note - unfortunately - a "small group" that is putting a black mark on islam is now crossing the line and detonating bombs in mosques. this is probably the same through process as the guys holed up in the mosque in najaf that shoot at our soldiers and then scream and yell that we are terrible desecrators if we bomb one or invade it because they are building bombs there.

I hope this is enough proof that this is not religious issue - it is about idiots wanting power and using religion as a way to control people to do their dirty work - but they dont care about religion - its their front for their own personal gain. I think these guys will be burning in hell for the level of sacrilige and blasphemy and murder they are basically false prophets sent by the devil if you ask me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4922176/
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

If Bush and Rumsfeld are apologizing you could bet this happened recently.
    Lets hope all involved learn and be punished for there degrading actions.

ClamSmacker, those pictures arnt working

anyone else having the same problem?
    http://www.warforum.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

When i look at the page, none of the pictures that should be there are there, not even the banners or logo. they all have the classic red "x"

I get the same result in mozzilla, myie2, and ie.

I tried entering in the url of one of the jpg's and it said it was forbidden.

*edit*: I'm not able to see any images on your whole site!

Pictures work for me.

They're disgusting and I have a hard tiem looking at them.

Grow some balls and join the war on terror, what happens when they bomb your country next. I bet you all will have a different perspective. I dont feel sorry for the iraqi soldiers when i see on tv how they treat prisoners. I would rather be striped naked and laughed at then to have my neck slashed.
    Well, the president of the United States, all his staff, and all the top brass of the Military strongly disagree with you.

Hundreds (if not thousands) of additional Coalition/American people will probably die because of these actions. This is much more then the humilation of prisoners. It tramples on everything we have been trying to do in the region. Billions have been spent to convince the people of Iraq and the Arab world that we are here to do good and much of that work has been wiped away because of the shameful stupidity of what has happened.

We talk like we are better, but we do not act like it.
    Alvin

I think someone here mentioned more than once how Bush hasn't apologized for the situation.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ew_4&printer=1

There's a link where they quote Bush apologizing to the Iraqi's family.

As much as I dislike Bush and want him gone for office, I dont place the blame for this on him directly. Yes, it was his decision to send the troops over there but the actions of whatever soldiers were involved were exactly that, THEIR actions. He's the Commander in Chief and doing the right thing by apologizing on their behalf but it should be the soldiers themselves who should be apologizing personally to the families of these victims. And yes I believe they should receive appropriate punishment as the law dictates for their actions.

Originally posted by Rob83
    You put all Americans to Shame. I'm embarassed that you're an American.

America isn't just a country, we're more than a country. We made ourselves very powerful, and with power, we chose to make the world a better place. Except, we tend to do it by stepping on other people's toes. We have a responbility to the world to be "peace makers".

Ok so the iraqi soliders mistreated their own people, so that gives us the right to do it ot them? We have more dignity than that.

And when you say "when they bomb your country next", well put yourself in an iraqi persons shoes. What if one day you are minding your own business, enjoying the sun with your family and all of a sudden American Jets start bombing your city and kill your family. You're the one passing judgement on Iraq assuming everyone in iraq is a terrosist and wants to bomb the U.S or another country . Iraq didn't attack the U.S, the U.S. attacked Iraq.

Get off your high horse and realize that our war with iraq isn't because of 9-11.. it's ebcause Bushie is finishing his daddy's work.

You're ignorance is why a lot of people dislike the U.S.
    OK, so let saddam back in power, leave iraq to him, let him continue fund terrorist to attack us and kill his own people for protesting, yeah the iraqis may protest us being there but not to long ago they would have been killed doing just that. Welcome to FREEDOM

You must be young and have no idea how the world you live in works. Sure it would be nice if we could stay out of affiars that dont concern us but the problem is the poor will always hate the rich in the end becuase we have what they want. You sound communist so you should probably leave this country and go live in iraq so you know how good you have it here.

Your discontent for america saddens me. Pictures dont mean nothing to me. i would do worst if i was there.

I fully support our troops and wish them the best.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119325,00.html

iraqi muqtada leader encourages and endorses keeping females as slaves - I ma sure rape and torture are involved. looks like they are not only doing bad things but their leadership endorses them . thanks goodness ours does not and in fact appolgizes when something bad happens - unlike the sinful disgusting ones we are battling.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

what do you expect?!

Have you seen the reactions around the middle east? It’s almost similar to 9/11 reactions.

they are saying that those pics where leaked to disgrace all Muslims, it's seems that that the administration is throughing more fuel on fire.

I hold the administration responsible for anything that might happen.
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

Originally posted by Web Rhino
    what do you expect?!

Have you seen the reactions around the middle east? It’s almost similar to 9/11 reactions.

they are saying that those pics where leaked to disgrace all Muslims, it's seems that that the administration is throughing more fuel on fire.

I hold the administration responsible for anything that might happen.
    lol- ok I am going to take your response and remold it for my use to show you how rediculous it was.

hey guys - the abuses of these prisoners - well they are driven by natural retribution. Have you seen the reactions around the western world to 9/11 and the other hate crimes against westerners like murdering our people - burtning their bodies and hanging them from bridges - our reactions are outrage.

they are saying that those pics of the actions and abuses and murder of our people in the west were leaked to disgrace all westerners - and then they go on islamic tv braggin about it and dancing in the streets, it seems that that the leaders are throwing more fuel on fire.

I hold the middle eastern leaders and the peoples who rejoice in the abuses of westerners responsible for anything that might happen.

there you have it. how do you like when your view is turned back on you in a meaningful way - does not feel too good does it.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

COOLASU-
    Your discontent for america saddens me. Pictures dont mean nothing to me. i would do worst if i was there.

These abuses are going to lead to more deaths of our troops. Do you support that also? What was done in those pictures did not need to be done and it is not in the best interest of our goals in bringing democracy to the contry. It is does the exact opposite.

Bush says this is wrong.The entire congress says this was wrong. The DOD says this is wrong. And from what you are saying all these people are wrong. What side are you on anyways? You sure are not on the side of winning the war and bringing peace to the country.
    Alvin

mmm....rediculous!!!

You might want to check your spelling young man.

I don't get your point, but are you referring to dancing Palestinians after 9/11 that happened to be an old video (years before 9/11), of course you know who leaked this vid , and used it against the Palestinians.

Other than that, i don't get anything of what you are saying, along this thread you seem to be defending someone who already apologies for his mistake.

if you are an American, then you give a very bad image of the American public, which I’m sure -doesn't share you a lot of your opinions.

What makes you better than Muslims that support bin ladden?

Originally posted by alvinks
    These abuses are going to lead to more deaths of our troops. Do you support that also? What was done in those pictures did not need to be done and it is not in the best interest of our goals in bringing democracy to the contry. It is does the exact opposite.

Bush says this is wrong.The entire congress says this was wrong. The DOD says this is wrong. And from what you are saying all these people are wrong. What side are you on anyways? You sure are not on the side of winning the war and bringing peace to the country.
    I agree with you avlinks - I have high ranking military family (colonel) and they are ticked at this. they say there is no room in our armed forces for this type of dishonor and disgusting immoral shenanigans.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

i can't agree more.

Originally posted by Web Rhino
    mmm....rediculous!!!

You might want to check your spelling young man.

I don't get your point, but are you referring to dancing Palestinians after 9/11 that happened to be an old video (years before 9/11), of course you know who leaked this vid , and used it against the Palestinians.

Other than that, i don't get anything of what you are saying, along this thread you seem to be defending someone who already apologies for his mistake.

if you are an American, then you give a very bad image of the American public, which I’m sure -doesn't share you a lot of your opinions.

What makes you better than Muslims that support bin ladden?
    yeah check your spelling too - whats "throughing" - you are worse than bush - ahahaha

please remove the log from your eye before you work on the splinter in mine. I am sorry you dont get what I am saying -its very clear. and - it wast not just palestinians btw - there were peoples in every middle eastern country celebrating, And I think you are the young man - I am probably older and more experienced than you, but I won't make that assumption as you are so prone to doing in your posts.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

COOLASU-

WHATTT???????????

USA Army

Originally posted by sailor
    yeah check your spelling too - whats "throughing" - you are worse than bush - ahahaha

please remove the log from your eye before you work on the splinter in mine. I am sorry you dont get what I am saying -its very clear. and - it wast not just palestinians btw - there were peoples in every middle eastern country celebrating, And I think you are the young man - I am probably older and more experienced than you, but I won't make that assumption as you are so prone to doing in your posts.
    No sir, those images of people dancing in the streets showed in the USA after 9/11 were for a football (Soccer) Game (archive), but some idiot with bad intentions used it to put more fuel on the fire.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

People were dancing in the streets because they feel so FREEDOM!!… look back the way American treated Muslim world so badly , supporting Israel and stealing oil before 9/11.

Originally posted by Jedito
    No sir, those images of people dancing in the streets showed in the USA after 9/11 were for a football (Soccer) Game (archive), but some idiot with bad intentions used it to put more fuel on the fire.
    I am calling bs on that.

is that why theywere burning the us flag and holding up newspapers in them showing the twin towers on fire????

seems you have been misinformed.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast