Manually transfer of reseller account clients

I have a reseller account with a hosting provider, which I will be changing to a new provider. I also have private nameservers (my domain) on my existing reseller account.

I know there are automated ways to make the transfer and many hosting companies will do it for free, but I want to do it slowly at my pace. I do not have that many clients and most of the sites I handle all the design and maintenance of anyway.

What is the correct way to manually transfer client accounts one at a time? Can I use WHM to edit zone on each account to transfer website, email, etc. to the new server? Or, do I need to setup new nameservers (eg. ns1. ns2. -> nsa. nsb.) and then ask client to login to registrar and update nameservers? Or, would I need a new domain for the new hosting provider?

Would prefer not to have clients change anything, but I also do not want to change all clients at the same time.

Suggestions?

Hope this was the correct forum to post - not sure if it would have been better in Hosting Software and Control Panels, Domain Names, or some other forum. Let me know if I should ask elsewhere.

Keep your NS1 & NS2 the same
    you transfer your accounts as you say at your own pace and as you transfer them change the IP's on your zones on the old reseller to the new resellers IP

After you are 100% complete change your DNS IP at your registrar to the new resellers DNS ip's

Clients will not have to change a thing if they are all using your DNS

Thanks HostingBig.

So, this would be the procedure:
    1. Keep paying current reseller hosting provider.
    2. Sign-up with new reseller hosting provider using the same primary domain name I used with my current.
    3. After I setup each new account on the new server, use WHM to "change the IP's on your zones on the old reseller to the new resellers IP".
    4. When I have all the account on the new reseller provider's server, I would then go into my domain registrar's configuration page and update IP's from old provider to new provider.
    5. Cancel service with old reseller hosting provider.

To access WHM on the new provider's server, I will need to use the IP address until I complete step 4.

Do I understand the process correctly?

That would be correct

Quote Originally Posted by drd59 View Post
    Thanks HostingBig.

So, this would be the procedure:
    1. Keep paying current reseller hosting provider.
    2. Sign-up with new reseller hosting provider using the same primary domain name I used with my current.
    3. After I setup each new account on the new server, use WHM to "change the IP's on your zones on the old reseller to the new resellers IP".
    4. When I have all the account on the new reseller provider's server, I would then go into my domain registrar's configuration page and update IP's from old provider to new provider.
    5. Cancel service with old reseller hosting provider.

To access WHM on the new provider's server, I will need to use the IP address until I complete step 4.

Do I understand the process correctly?
    This is the thing which you need, except some reseller do not allow migrations, you will need to contact your reseller provider.

Actually some of the reseller providers provide you with free migration service. Check WHT offer section and you'd find plenty. They'd do all the hardwork for you.

Make sure you check the reviews first of the new reseller provider so you do not have to change again so soon.

Your thought process is correct. The only thing I would add is that you have your new host copy over the cPanel accounts individually for you. Almost any reseller host will do this. Basically they'll duplicate the existing account on their server and then you can simply update the DNS zone on the old server. It'll be quite painless really.
    Dathorn, Inc. - Premium cPanel/WHM Hosting since 2002! Check Out Our Blog!
    Experience the Dathorn Difference! - andrew@dathorn.com
    LiteSpeed | Clustered DNS | CloudLinux | CageFS | KernelCare | Imunify360
    Pure SSD Storage | Off-Server & Off-site Backups | Softaculous | SpamExperts

It's easy to migrate from WHM to WHM
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

It would be had for you to do this as you dont have whm root access. It would be easy for new reseller provider to transfer your old reseller account to new reseller. They can do it by take a full backup from cpanel and restore a backup to new cpanel with full server access.

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    It's easy to migrate from WHM to WHM
    There is no function like this on WHM for Reseller Hosting.

He need to create full cPanel backups for each accounts separately. Then he need to download these to his PC and upload them to their new web spaces. Then he will ask restoring them from his new reseller hosting provider. These operations will be take many times. So users must take their sites read only during this process.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)